where I can get .377 version? Thanks.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by noZLine View Post
where I can get .377 version? Thanks.
Grab map_2.2.6.377-1_armel.deb from http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com...lo/user/m/map/

The Following User Says Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Grab map_2.2.6.377-1_armel.deb from http://catalogue.tableteer.nokia.com...lo/user/m/map/

Well tried to see if they could switch the license for UK to US for the Navicore license off ebay but that didn't work- support.onboard@wayfinder.com said I need to buy another license <_<

What happens if my license expires- like if you only buy 1 month access? The app stops functioning or you just can't get new maps?

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...138#post203138 Trying to follow that but quite lost on the hex editing. I might have to use the mac changer method with the old version of the software but the network I'm on for most of the day limits how many devices you can have registered for network access : /

Any chance I could get a little help with this?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Try the libmacspoof method by allnameswereout. it works with the older map

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by DJ-VAN View Post
What happens if my license expires- like if you only buy 1 month access? The app stops functioning or you just can't get new maps?
Downloading and using maps is always free. The app stays working forever too.

You will lose the ability to use (voice guided) navigation.

The libfaketime will work only for a short amount of time until the time is drifted too much off. About < week was my experience.

I've tried to make it work, with no luck. I have installed the 377 version, and used this method:
- create a file, like m.sh:
#!/bin/sh
MAC_ADDRESS=00:11:22:33:44:55 LD_PRELOAD="/home/user/libmacspoof.so.1.0.1:/home/user/libfaketimeMT.so.1" FAKETIME="@2008-07-10 `date +%T`" navicore

For the time I chose a time few days before the time that map said my trial period expired.

I tried to change the MAC address, tried different times, tried with/without libmacspoof, with/without libfaketimeMT.
I get two messages, either
"Please check your time settings before activation" or the one telling when did my trial period expired.
Any idea?

It is an N810 up-to-date, only map was downgraded with dpkg --remove map and dpkg --install map_2.2.6.377-1_armel.deb

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
The easiest most reliable way to get unlimited free trials is to just have the .377 version and use just macchanger every seven days or whenever you need it.

Method: (make sure you have macchanger installed and you are connected to the internet)

1. sudo gainroot

2. ifconfig wlan0 down hw ether 00:00:00:00:00:00 (00:00:00:00:00:00 = any or random mac address)

3. ifconfig wlan0 up

4. Disconnect your internet connection and reconnect

5. Open map program and request a free trial , and thats all there is...Ive done this method for over a year and always works and I as well have a completely up to date N810 but with .377 map software

The Following User Says Thank You to munky261 For This Useful Post:
I'm surprised nobody made a real crack for this like they do with commercial windows apps. Are there no master hex editors around with no soul?

Posts: 2,535 | Thanked: 6,681 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ UK
Originally Posted by Voltron View Post
I'm surprised nobody made a real crack for this like they do with commercial windows apps. Are there no master hex editors around with no soul?
It was trivial with earlier versions (if you know ARM code ;-))[1], but less so with the later ones. Since it is so cheap to buy a copy now (in some jurisdictions/if you can find them), why bother?

Actually, that reminds me, I've got a Nokia Bluetooth GPS unit to get rid of; anyone interested?

[1] No, I'm not going to tell you how.

[QUOTE=zigtah;218131]It should work fine for a couple of weeks. But after that Wayfinder notices that the system date (emulated by the libfaketime) has drifted too far from the date received from the GPS signal, and won't do navigation with that licence anymore. Then you have to request for a new trial and temper with the mac addresses.

My external GPS receiver delivers NMEA sentences (basically lines of ASCII text) via bluetooth to the N810. "All" we would need is a process that could change these sentences on the fly: change the date to the same date libfaketime uses.

That seems difficult to achieve... Would it be possible at all?

Tags
customers?, middlefinger