Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
great! can you do the same for all my patches please?)
give me your account credentials

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Jan 2018 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Ancelad View Post
All my patches is up to date now =)
How to remove the old fail to remove patch when forget to unaply it before update.
how to update separate-alarm-flipover, i cant find the new updated patch, thnx in advance.

Posts: 1,552 | Thanked: 3,108 times | Joined on Jun 2012 @ Russia, 96
Originally Posted by aQUICK1 View Post
How to remove the old fail to remove patch when forget to unaply it before update.
how to update separate-alarm-flipover, i cant find the new updated patch, thnx in advance.
Unapply all another patches and do as root
Code:
cd /usr/share/jolla-alarm-ui
mv jolla-alarm-ui.qml.webosinternals.orig jolla-alarm-ui
cd /usr/share/settings/pages/gestures
mv gestures.qml.webosinternals.orig gestures.qml
cd /usr/share/jolla-settings/entries
rm -rf separate-alarm-flipover.json
rm -rf separate-alarm-flipover.json.webosinternals.orig
Then go to PM and unapply the patch. And do as root
Code:
pkcon refresh
pkcon install jolla-alarm-ui
pkcon install jolla-settings-system
Then you can try to install the latest patch version from web-catalog. It doesn't contains any changes, just has 2.1.4.13 compatibility property.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ancelad For This Useful Post:
Posts: 175 | Thanked: 201 times | Joined on Mar 2014 @ .LT
Originally Posted by cy8aer View Post
Hey some special thing: launcher combined patch (fork) works from openrepos but does not work from web catalog!
Web catalog patch also work, in my case there was a conflict with more folder icons patch. Now my sailfish x is a real beauty

Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
There are two patches that I can't seem to uninstall from either the Patchmanager menu or Openrepos: App Locker, and Devicelock faith text. Any idea how I should proceed?

They are in red font in Patchmanager, but still marked as enabled, and I cannot uncheck them or uninstall with long press.

I wanted to try something similar to the procedure detailed by Ancelad above for jolla-alarm-ui, but I'm not sure which subfolder of /usr/share I should cd to for the two patches in my case.

Coincidentally, trying to upgrade my Jolla C from 2.1.4.13 to 2.1.4 fails (and it was the same with the previous upgrade before the 2.1.4 was out): the update is successfully downloaded, but then when I select "Install" from the pulley, the device reboots to upgrade as normal, but throws an error just saying that it failed, and then reboots in 2.1.4.13. Could it be related?

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
There are two patches that I can't seem to uninstall from either the Patchmanager menu or Openrepos: App Locker, and Devicelock faith text. Any idea how I should proceed?

They are in red font in Patchmanager, but still marked as enabled, and I cannot uncheck them or uninstall with long press.

I wanted to try something similar to the procedure detailed by Ancelad above for jolla-alarm-ui, but I'm not sure which subfolder of /usr/share I should cd to for the two patches in my case.

Coincidentally, trying to upgrade my Jolla C from 2.1.4.13 to 2.1.4 fails (and it was the same with the previous upgrade before the 2.1.4 was out): the update is successfully downloaded, but then when I select "Install" from the pulley, the device reboots to upgrade as normal, but throws an error just saying that it failed, and then reboots in 2.1.4.13. Could it be related?
check /var/log/systemupdate.log according to system update failure.

The Following User Says Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Here is what I get: https://hastebin.com/osifuvuyek

A lot is related to openrepos, but to be honest I have no idea which lines are just warnings or critical errors.

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
Here is what I get: https://hastebin.com/osifuvuyek

A lot is related to openrepos, but to be honest I have no idea which lines are just warnings or critical errors.
Just try to update again one or two times, at the end you will get update.

As a place to report issues with Patches, which are solely published in Patchmanager 2's web-catalog (i.e. not also hosted elsewhere, e.g. on Github / Gitlab, or originally on OpenRepos), seems to be lacking, using this general Patchmanager forum (although it feels a bit like abusing TMO for this):
  • "Back-Button Gesture for Android-Apps" prevents AlienDalvik from being switched off. AlienDalvik is always immediately restarted, when the Patch "Back-Button Gesture for Android-Apps" is active, which can be nicely observed with "Ultimate statusbar patch"'s "aliendalvik-runtime indicator".
    Furthermore, after unapplying "Back-Button Gesture for Android-Apps" and restarting Lipstick, Android apps failed to start; rebooting the device fixed that.
    Tested on two Jolla 1 phones under SFOS 2.1.4.14 and 2.1.3.7 with "Back-Button Gesture for Android-Apps" v1.0.2 (with aliendalvik-control 1.0.10-1 and no "Launcher Combined Patch" installed).
    @jakibaki, not being able to shut down AlienDalvik (e.g. temporarily) is annoying, as your "Back-Button Gesture for Android-Apps" is so useful, that I don't want to use AlienDalvik without it, anymore.
  • "Swipe cursor by swiping on the keyboard" v1.0.0 does not apply in Patchmanager 2.0 under SailfishOS 2.1.4.14 (with Patchmanager 2.0's "Developer mode" enabled; this Patch was applicable and working nicely under SFOS 2.1.3.7).
    To be able to position the cursor horizontally by swiping on the virtual keyboard was really cool, plus practically well usable and very useful.

Last edited by olf; 2018-03-09 at 13:22.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Just try to update again one or two times, at the end you will get update.
Unfortunately, it still fails, and I have tried a number of times. I have more than 1 GB free on the partition. This seemed to be the issue according to llelectronics, but reinstalling the vanilla qtwebkit packages did not help either, so I'm still wondering if it could be the patches that I cannot uninstall (mentioned above).

The Following User Says Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
patchmanager, sailfish os