Active Topics

Notices

I have V.14 of XBMC running on Mac OS X 10.7.5 and The application complains that I am not running V11 of XBMC so…..
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
Hi,

I have a kind of unique feature request. I am using Xbmcremote with my Raspberry Pi. Every time I want to use it I have to search for the TV remote.
Solution: Allow to send to following three CEC commands:
Turn on TV, Switch to this source (XBMC), Turn off TV.

It would be great, but I do not know if its even possible without adding an addon to XBMC.

Originally Posted by sondjata View Post
I have V.14 of XBMC running on Mac OS X 10.7.5 and The application complains that I am not running V11 of XBMC so…..
The 1.3.1 update http://notyetthere.org/maemomeego/xb...tan0_armel.deb said it's for Xbmc 11 Eden and didn't connect to latest Raspbmc (Frodo I guess).

Reinstalled 1.3.0 from Ovi store which works. Maybe the 1.3.1 update was build for the wrong target?

Is it possible to update ovi store to 1.3.1?

Thanks, M.

Does anyone know if the lastest version for n9 (1.3.1) work with xbmc 13?

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 1,007 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Near Munich
A few days ago I installed openelec 4.0.1 on my Raspberry Pi it uses a current Gotham build. Every thing works flawlessly. Even better than before.

I am no longer affected by the "connection denied" error.
Which forced me to reboot unter Frodo.

Additionally XBMC now wakes up the TV as soon as I send input using Xbmcremote, so I can avoid searching for my remote. And I can withdraw my feature request.

The Following User Says Thank You to Macros For This Useful Post:
Anyone has a rpm for sailfish to test? I can try to help out

Originally Posted by javiermon View Post
mzanetti merged my sailfish port yesterday . There may be a release (/Harbour submission, and probably OpenRepos too) in the upcoming days, but no promises yet. But you will of course be able to build it yourself if you have the Sailfish SDK installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Good news!

I've just uploaded the app to OpenRepos where it is already available. I've also uploaded it to Harbour, but it needs to go through their approval process, which I expect to fail (multiple times?). This because some things aren't allowed in Harbour. One of these things is reading the contact list, which is needed for showing the contacts name when you get an incoming phone call. So when using the app from Harbour you would see the number, not the name. But it might be this feature needs to be removed completely, as it looks like some of the other APIs the app requires for this feature are also locked down.

In other news, mzanetti also created a new version for Ubuntu, which he said is already available in the store. Too my knowledge this version only contains a couple of small changes in the media browser, as you can now sort the items, and when browsing videos you can hide those which you already watched (a feature which is also present in the Sailfish version).

There is no new version for MeeGo Harmattan / the Nokia N9. But as you can read there are no major new features added. The latest MeeGo release should also work with XBMC Gotham so that shouldn't be any problem either. But this would most probably also be a goodby to MeeGo, As mzanetti works for Canonical, on Ubuntu, so mostly focuses on the Ubuntu version, and I only use my Jolla so will only develop for Sailfish. But if someone else is willing to step up and maintain the MeeGo version my guess is that wouldn't be a problem.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RobertMe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by RobertMe View Post
Good news!
Thanks a lot for this! I've already installed it and looks great but I have some difficulties using the keypad in this version. When I use the up or down keys most of the times I bring up the pulley menu. I don't know if theres something you can do about it or it's that I don't do the gesture properly.

Also, If I experience crashes, how can I report them? Do you have a log or do we have to run the app from the terminal?

Regards,

When I use the up or down keys most of the times I bring up the pulley menu.
It shouldn't do this. Does it also navigate the page stack on swiping left or right, or does it only trigger the pulley? I can't try to reproduce it right now, but will look into it later today.

Also, If I experience crashes, how can I report them? Do you have a log or do we have to run the app from the terminal?
There isn't (crash)logging build in. I would need to ask mzanetti if that would be a possibility to include. But if the crash is reproducible you can post the steps to reproduce it in this thread or email them to me (my email address is listed on the about page).