Posts: 443 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Grenoble, France
Hi all,

after updating to the latest Sailfish version, 1.0.3.8, my Exchange company account can't be set up.
When I try to do it, it says that my Jolla doesn't support all features needed from the Exchange server.

The bad news is that it worked on the previous version ... So a regression.

So, the point is : maybe the community can help with that ! Anyone gets a clue to fix that before the next Sailfish update?

Here is the together thread.

https://together.jolla.com/question/...rse-with-1038/

The Following User Says Thank You to mousse04 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 123 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2008 @ Prague, Czech
Same for me.
But after check last field on setting - "Turn off provisioning", eXchange server is connected and all work.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kaacz For This Useful Post:
you need to understand how exchange provisioning works in the activesync protocol.

Exchange mobile device policies can be pushed down to a device. but it is up to the device to implement it or otherwise.

the Exchange administrator can configure Exchange to do one of the following
1. Allow a device to sync ONLY if it supports the policies configured by the administrator
2. Allow any device to sync regardless of whether it supports the policies

note that Exchange has no way of knowing whether the device is actually applying the policies correctly. this is because Exchange has no control over the device (no agent running on the phone). most phone manufacturers would do the right thing i.e. if a phone says it supports PIN timeoutlock code, it really does support it. but then, there are always instances where you can lie about it. lying about it will get around the limitation of #1.

by disabling provisioning in Jolla, you are basically telling your phone to tell Exchange "hey, i don't support any of the policies you are trying to push down to me". if your administrator does #1 then you are **** out of luck. you cannot synch.

in Exchange 2010 onwards, an administrator can set policies on a per user basis. so perhaps it's time to buy a nice coffee (or a damn good beer) for your Exchange admin and ask him / her to include your device in the group represented by #2 above.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to droll For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Unless Jolla is telling the Exchange server "sure, give it to me, I support it all"

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: