I had maemo-pan ver.1.0 installed on my N800 running diablo. I saw that there was an available update in application manager so I tried to update to ver 1.1. My internet connection dropped in the middle of the install and the update didnt take. Now I have a broken icon for maemo-pan ver.1.0 and it wont uninstall or upgrade. I have tried apt-get install -f with no louck it just gives errors. I also tried the dpkg --purge --force-all maemo-pan, but that also gives errors about the app being in an inconsistent state and should be reinstalled before being removed. But of course I cant reinstall it because app manager just keeps saying that it cant be installed. Does anyone know of a way to completely remove this broken app so I can reinstall it?
Thanks in advance

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
There are two ways that I know of:

1. download the .deb file and install it with "dpkg -x". reboot and you will be able to uninstall.

2. re-flash the device (I know this answer is not an acceptable option)

I'm aware of this misery and the next release of maemo-pan will have this fixed. Uninstall fails with the versions 1.0 and 1.0.1 if the pan-daemon was not running when uninstalling.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
There are two ways that I know of:

1. download the .deb file and install it with "dpkg -x". reboot and you will be able to uninstall.

2. re-flash the device (I know this answer is not an acceptable option)

I'm aware of this misery and the next release of maemo-pan will have this fixed. Uninstall fails with the versions 1.0 and 1.0.1 if the pan-daemon was not running when uninstalling.
Thanks for the reply. Could you give me a step by step for this process? Is "dpkg -x" the command that should be run in xterm? Is "x" where the name of the maemo-pan should be?
Thanks

Last edited by supergadgetman; 2008-09-17 at 15:36.