Notices

Originally Posted by badaman View Post
black screen!
Thanks for all your input guys.
badaman, before transferring the game to your internal drive download the eboot.bin file from the link I gave in my earlier post then copy it into PS3_GAME/USRDIR folder. Just overwrite the one that's already there.

Use multiman backup manager and load the game. First time, it will ask you if you want to patch PARAM.SFO, just select YES and you should be able to play GT5.

The Following User Says Thank You to mandong For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mandong View Post
badaman, before transferring the game to your internal drive download the eboot.bin file from the link I gave in my earlier post then copy it into PS3_GAME/USRDIR folder. Just overwrite the one that's already there.

Use multiman backup manager and load the game. First time, it will ask you if you want to patch PARAM.SFO, just select YES and you should be able to play GT5.
Thanks for the replay mandog. I think I did that bar one thing.

1) Transferred via FTP using blackbox

2) Once copied I overwrote the EBOOT bin with the USA version from PSX scene

3) Used multiman to boot game from manager. Answered yes to patch the game

4) Black screen!!?

I was using hermes and not PL3. I also transferred the EBOOT after FTping the folder. Could this be my problem?

Cheers

Last edited by badaman; 2011-01-11 at 19:34.

Okay I have got a bit further now. I used PL3 and i managed to get to the install screen and now its frozen. Any ideas?

Its all good now..... i thinki!

The Following User Says Thank You to badaman For This Useful Post:
Its all good now..... i thinki!
you mean you got it working?

if not, just do everything all over again making sure there's no game data before running the game with the modded eboot.bin on multiman.

Okay I have got a bit further now. I used PL3 and i managed to get to the install screen and now its frozen. Any ideas?
I use hermes payload but if PL3 works for you then why not?

The Following User Says Thank You to mandong For This Useful Post:
Everything is working fine now thanks mandong. Am i okay to login into PSN with the current hermes I am using?

It has frozen again, after trying to play and install the first arcade track
I have corrupted game data from a previous failed install of GT5, could this be causing me problems?

How to downgrade from CFW 3.55 to 3.41 ???!

Please Tell me How >

I also want to downgrade using my N900, but I'm having a hard time getting my 60GB Fat with 3.55 in service mode.
I'v got the latest PSFreedom from extras-devel.
Connect my N900 to the right USB-port on my PS3 (there are four on the front and I choose the one that's closest to the blu-ray drive).
On my N900 I start PSFreedom, select JIG-mode and start PL3 Jailbreak.
The led turns red, now I completely turn off my PS3 with power switch on the back.
Then I turn on the PS3 with the power switch on the back and I press the power-button quickly followed by the eject-button.
Nothing happens, the led will stay red and the N900 will prompt for mass-storage or pc-suite mode when the PS3 starts.
Then the PS3 enters the main-menu on the dashboard...
No service mode on the fat ps3?

Last edited by MastaG; 2011-01-14 at 23:22.