Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by bill_klpd View Post
I tried to install the nexus 4 image on my Galaxy S3 just to see what will happen... and nothing happened

I just got an error saying that this image is not for my phone.

For porting Sailfish, you have to port both libhyrbis and sailfish on the exact software of the phone?
yes, the image contains script that checks that its being installed on Nexus 4 (Mako) and quits if the hardware is not Mako.
You could unpack the image, change the script, repack the image - and get it flashed. But, fairly sure it wont even boot (bootloaders differ)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
I tried to install the nexus 4 image on my Galaxy S3 just to see what will happen... and nothing happened

For porting Sailfish, you have to port both libhyrbis and sailfish on the exact software of the phone?
You will need the HW adaptation for your device. On top of that you can install the generic SailfishOS part.

The Following User Says Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Iirc the i9305 video with sailfish running is posted by thp, the person doing the port, so it's still a non-public thing.
Why is this a non public thing? Will jolla release it? Will thp release under his own flag? Does it really matters...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
Why is this a non public thing? Will jolla release it? Will thp release under his own flag? Does it really matters...
I have to admit that this is a great question!
Maybe he wants to improve it before make it public, who knows ?

It will for sure give us a Sailfish "taste" (even with bugs) if it will be published and I am waiting so much for this!
These are some of the times I wish I knew more so that I could be able to port it on my own(the same thing exist for nemo as well )

I hope it will be available soon!

The Following User Says Thank You to bill_klpd For This Useful Post:

For porting Sailfish, you have to port both libhyrbis and sailfish on the exact hardware of the phone?
Just because I know it:
On Android recovery packages you will find the file to modify in META-inf/ Google/ updater-script.txt
Open with notepad++ and delete the first lines starting with get.prop. Better don't try. I dunt know why I write it here and to what use it will be, but better don't.

The Following User Says Thank You to KempeWeidenbaum For This Useful Post:
Posts: 383 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jun 2013 @ Greece, Athens
Originally Posted by KempeWeidenbaum View Post
Just because I know it:
On Android recovery packages you will find the file to modify in META-inf/ Google/ updater-script.txt
Open with notepad++ and delete the first lines starting with get.prop. Better don't try. I dunt know why I write it here and to what use it will be, but better don't.
I will most probably not try it, but I want so much to have a working image for sailfish

We have been waiting for this for some time

can someone explain something to me, so libhybris converts bionic to glibc, but in programming terms, shouldnt it simply do it for whatever drivers you throw in there, since the conversion seems done at such a abstract level shouldnt it matter?

Posts: 819 | Thanked: 806 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Oxnard, Ca.
Originally Posted by nieldk View Post
Yeah.
I want to
Run iOS on my Lumia 800
Run WP8.1 on my iPhone 5
Run Ubuntu for devices on my Nexus 4
Run KDE Mobile on my Jolla
Run Android on my Nokia Communicator
Run SailfishOS on my N9's
Run Debian on my N900
Run Symbian^3 on my Chineese dual-sim watch
Run Kali on my iPad Mini
Run Slackware on my Archos tablet
I want to
Run Sailfish OS on the Vixtel Unity tablet/phone/desktop
Run Extix Distro on the HP Slate 21 Pro
Run Steam OS on a refurbished upgraded dell 6500 connected to a vidock so I can confuse the steam hardware survey by plugging in various graphics cards.

The Following User Says Thank You to aironeous For This Useful Post:
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by aironeous View Post
I want to
Run Sailfish OS on the Vixtel Unity tablet/phone/desktop
Run Extix Distro on the HP Slate 21 Pro
Run Steam OS on a refurbished upgraded dell 6500 connected to a vidock so I can confuse the steam hardware survey by plugging in various graphics cards.
I see you got my point there

Posts: 1,269 | Thanked: 3,961 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Brazil
This new release, v1.0.7.16, of Sailfish for Nexus 4 gives me more than a week of battery use without SIM card (no 2G or 3G), only with WiFi in most of time, light use every day. 6 days of use and it still has 33% of battery. So 11% per day. Excellent work, Jolla sailors !
-- My blog about mobile & scientific computing ---
Sailfish : Sony Xperia X, Gemini, Jolla, Jolla C, Jolla Tablet, Nexus 4. Nokia N9, N900, N810.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to rcolistete For This Useful Post:

Tags
mister a-hole