Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
I have been having a daily problem where my N900 will not respond with the slider, on/off switch, camera slide or anything. So I have to remove the battery and reboot. After that it seems to work fine for a while.

Yesterday I decided to reflash and start over. I know I have put a lot of different programs on the device so a fresh start seemed to make sense. It definitely helped me clean a bunch of little issues I had. But the freezing just happened again. According to HealthCheck it had been on for about 13 hours. The last thing I did was MicroB. Nothing weird is installed.

I cannot detect a pattern but I am wondering if anyone else has had that problem. I am considering wiping the device altogether.

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
did you flash rootfs and emmc?

Posts: 68 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by slender View Post
did you flash rootfs and emmc?
No... That's probably it. I will attept that next if the problem persists. Thank you!

The Following User Says Thank You to dharder For This Useful Post:
i am having a similar problem, only mine just freezes the apps i cannot select and app on any of the screens unless i go into all the apps and select it from there. Also its works when i restart the phone but all my widgets disappear and i have to add them again. this just started a couple of weeks ago. why is everything just going from good to bad, spoiling the love i have for my phone. i have flashed it twice and it worked until a couple of weeks not sure if it was an update i did. anyone with an explanation for this

Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Dont use portrait mode all time, include phone, web browser, application etc, just keep in landscape mode all time!

Originally Posted by ay4you View Post
i am having a similar problem, only mine just freezes the apps i cannot select and app on any of the screens unless i go into all the apps and select it from there. Also its works when i restart the phone but all my widgets disappear and i have to add them again. this just started a couple of weeks ago. why is everything just going from good to bad, spoiling the love i have for my phone. i have flashed it twice and it worked until a couple of weeks not sure if it was an update i did. anyone with an explanation for this
Did you find a fix for your issue ?!

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Open terminal and then:

1. sudo gainroot
2. pkill hildon-home

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Somewhere along the line your OS has become corrupt and to try and nail it down to a cause it will be far far quicker to flash and start again, incidently this is something everyone should become familier with instead of being scared or unsure as it is so so simple to do and will take a fraction of the time to sort the problem..