The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Summicron For This Useful Post:
Posts: 428 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Washington DC
Looks like its clearance time! I should've waited a couple weeks.

Dang, I got mine three weeks ago from buy.com .
Looks like they're phasing it out.

Price expires tonight though !!!

People, .... buy, buy, buy !!

Posts: 354 | Thanked: 93 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ New York
Originally Posted by johenkel View Post
Dang, I got mine three weeks ago from buy.com .
Looks like they're phasing it out.
Phasing it out? Please stop talking nonsense.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2007 @ Pennsylvania
woohoo! I finally got one.

That was just too good to pass up. Now I just have to explain the business purposes to my wife when it gets here

So I'll probably have a few more questions once it comes, but thank you guys for all the help you give everyone. It really played a role in my decision to get this over some of the other things out there.

And I am a Linux geek, so I may be of some help down the road to someone else on here.

Good luck all on your purchases

The Following User Says Thank You to theox26 For This Useful Post:
"Phasing out" was a scream of terror !!!
I'd love to have it around forever and I want more people having it !!

So lets twist fingers or press thumbs or whatever you do ... just do it!

I got it for $50 more from buy 2 weeks ago... go to check their price match policy...

I doubt that Nokia is phasing out the 800, unless they were truly selling it at a loss, and the 810 allows them to make some money on mostly similar hardware (meaning, its probably not $200 more hardware than the 800).

L

The Following User Says Thank You to lny98 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
From Buy.com's website:

Our Best Price Guarantee is valid only for the below Qualified Internet Retailers.

- The Qualified Internet Retailer must have the identical product in-stock and the product is priced accurately.

- Requests must be submitted within three (3) days from the date of purchase at Buy.com.

- Our Best Price Guarantee is valid for up to three (3) products in any given 30-day period.
The 30-day thing confuses me, but I'm sure they'd lean on the 3-day rule first... so I'm out of luck since I ordered on 01 Dec.

The Following User Says Thank You to DistantFire For This Useful Post:
Sweeeet! I don't think they are phasing it out. They had this price right after T-day for the black friday - cyber monday shopping frenzy. More discounts before Christmas are common in the US. The timing with OS2008 is tasty also. I missed out on the last deep discount and was waiting to pay a couple of other bills before taking the plunge - However... this was too good to miss. With the google checkout I got another $10 off. (does hoopty dance around the cubicle!!!)

I agree. Nokia must be phasing out the IT form factor completely. Looks like the iPhone and eeePC have finally vanquished the Internet Tablets.

sike