Notices

hi there could this possibly do the following

#how much space a app uses in rootfs and to be able to delete it from there

#be able to delete things like the cache folder kind of like ccleaner on a computer

#could it show gps signal strength and wifi signal strength as well

brilliant work mate really like the looks of this and a very good 1st app to code , thanks for your time and efforts

Posts: 344 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Los Angeles
Maybe consider making some of those fonts a bit larger. You've got a lot of horizontal space and larger fonts/text would make things a whole lot easier to read.

And those tab fonts could be a bit smaller as well.

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Originally Posted by buxz777 View Post
hi there could this possibly do the following

#how much space a app uses in rootfs and to be able to delete it from there

#be able to delete things like the cache folder kind of like ccleaner on a computer

#could it show gps signal strength and wifi signal strength as well

brilliant work mate really like the looks of this and a very good 1st app to code , thanks for your time and efforts
1) how much space a app uses in rootfs and to be able to delete it from there
Yes, am trying to do that.... managed to list apps, but untidily in an earlier version. Eventually i would definitley want it to do that.

2)#be able to delete things like the cache folder kind of like ccleaner on a computer
It will probably end up more like windows cleanup, but yes again, it should be able to delete temp files, run auto clean, move fonts out of the way, etc etc....

3) #could it show gps signal strength and wifi signal strength as well
Yes, i think it is satellite lock numbers though, and yes.

Will add these to the ToDo list later!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

The Following User Says Thank You to noobmonkey For This Useful Post:
please can a mod update the title of this thread due to my poor spelling of the word announce!
thank you!
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

just a quick call for any more suggestions? will be working on it tonight.

latest version built. should now dtetect build + hopefully variant. please let me know the exact firmware version you have if healthcheck can't detect it.
Attached Images

Any thoughts to changing the font size?

Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
Any thoughts to changing the font size?
Hehe yup... i had it big - then fitted more in, so made it small - then split tabs last night so got more room! - going to see how much of the gaps i fill up first before i change it again

Tried to use tables, so it didn't matter, just couldn't figer them out easily!

Would really have loved something as simple as <<Pseudo code>>
Code:
Define table
table.addcolumns *2
<<set table details>>
Draw table

<<Multiple functions will then>>
Add new entry to table (col1text,col2text)
Unfortunately it really doesn't look like a simple answer exists like that Seems i have to faff around and set a variable then add it all in one big go, just don't know enough python or QT for that yet

I get it. Just that some of it is kind of hard to read.

Originally Posted by sorodoros View Post
I get it. Just that some of it is kind of hard to read.
lol - i agree - will get implemented, need to have a goal for version 1, and at the moment, i suppose i could enlarge it all - and add some tools like reset, clear cache etc...

But i suppose i also want things like wifi info, bluetooth info.... if i cram it in, it is either small fonts or tables

Tags
check, faulty, front camera, gps, hardware, healthcheck, test