Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Magnets are ordered, pogo-pins ordered, first batch of toh-casing pcbs arrives tomorrow.

Today 3d printed toh-casings in all colours arrive, will make some/lots pics. If they are all good, I can order all toh-casings and I should have all parts to start manufacturing on those.

Still 13 people have not answered the survey. Asked lots of times via Kickstarter, sent emails, pinged some via facebook, but the rest is unreachable - or have 20 other people with the same name and no jolla related posts anywhere. Even got some angry/irritated replies after taking the effort to mail them, but that is just part of the game I guess.
Anyway, since I cannot guess their colours and will not order 13 of each colour extra (260 casings for top and bottom), they will be moved to the back of the queue.

Today lots of data processing. #fun

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Dirk, sorry if you are not the right person to ask but I do not know anyone better.

Update #8 has the discount coupon and very terse T&Cs, only mentioning the expiry date and the shipping countries. The update itself has a header saying "For backers only" but that clause is not explicitly present in the couponT&Cs, making it ambiguous whether the coupon is for backers only or the update itself.

My question is, can I share the coupon? Is anyone going to cross-check whether it is being used by a backer or a stranger? I am not going to use it myslef and it would be a shame to let it go to waste.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
My question is, can I share the coupon? Is anyone going to cross-check whether it is being used by a backer or a stranger? I am not going to use it myslef and it would be a shame to let it go to waste.
Yes, the code is only for backers. But Jolla does not have your IPs listed or whatever.

So, if you do not use it yourself, you can -and seems more than fair to- share it with a friend. Posting you have an unused code everywhere and publishing it is not appreciated however.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Look what decided to show up early!

500 pcs

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 22 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Sweden
Nice!
Reminds me of the 2001 monolith for some reason

Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Look what decided to show up early!

500 pcs
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/x9zv29ej73j...2016.30.55.jpg

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Henque19 For This Useful Post:
Sorry, I missed the Kickstarter and now I'm confused whether I can order this from web page. I thought so, but in this thread are questions about colours and whether somebody was in 100 first backer and so on...

So, can I have TOHKBD by ordering from Funkyotherhalf.com...uh oh, it's not there anymore so I missed that boat also, right? Damn...

The Following User Says Thank You to sconf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
Perhaps Dirk could set up a queue at funkyotherhalf.com for late-comers. There you could enter your email, and after the main batches are out, Dirk could send out an email to those interested provided he has enough interest for an extra batch by then? Perhaps even a note at the top of the closed Kickstarter about where to find the sign-up for a possible future batch?

The Following User Says Thank You to stefanmohl For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stefanmohl View Post
Perhaps Dirk could set up a queue at funkyotherhalf.com for late-comers. There you could enter your email, and after the main batches are out, Dirk could send out an email to those interested provided he has enough interest for an extra batch by then? Perhaps even a note at the top of the closed Kickstarter about where to find the sign-up for a possible future batch?
ill see if i can set up a mailing list or so

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 1,142 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Earth
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
ill see if i can set up a mailing list or so
I would be interested too (missed the boat due to having heard about it too late).

The Following User Says Thank You to DrYak For This Useful Post:
Latest casing adapted for the pogo pins, very clean

Close up

Backside

The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:

Tags
keyboard, kickstarter, other half, tohkbd