I use the FM Radio quite often, and switch between headphones and loudspeakers all the time while using it. For this, one has to open the full application from the applet (which sits on my home-screen), do the switch, and close the full app again.
Would it be difficult to integrate the heaphone-loudspeaker switchover into the applet? there is screen real estate, right next to the volume icon... it would just be necesssary to place the two icons for heaphones and loudspeaker in the applet top-bar.

I would not mind programming this myself if someone could point me in the right direction (e.g.: how to create an applet from a full application).

thanks, karl.

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ sofia, bulgaria
there is a new version at the gararage - 1.4.6

it has that switching button in the applet

Last edited by chilko; 2007-08-21 at 20:50.

Originally Posted by chilko View Post
there is a new version at the gararage - 1.4.6
And another nice new feature: it lets you download the stations list for your region.

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Hawaii
Hmmm....Hawaii is not listed

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Great! My city is listed (in italy) and frequencies are quite right. Great improvement, it increases a lot the usability, and furthermore it is quite detailed!

chilko: thank you for the pointer!

I canīt believe my luck that a feature I REALLY wanted came in so fast... Thanks to the developers.

cheers, karl.

ahem, sorry for the question...
now I searched 30 minutes for this updated applet, but could not find it (garage does not have anything related to FM radio or FM tuner): also google did not help.
Coudl you please post a link ti this update?
thanks, karl.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by audioworld View Post
ahem, sorry for the question...
now I searched 30 minutes for this updated applet, but could not find it (garage does not have anything related to FM radio or FM tuner): also google did not help.
Coudl you please post a link ti this update?
thanks, karl.
If you already have fmradio installed, just check for the updates in app manager, otherwise check for installable applications (again in app manager). If you can't see it, maybe you don't have the repository configured, but don't ask me which is it, I don't remember. Just search the forums.

Cool!

Z- rock ftw!

P.S. audoiworld, I found it in the maemo download section, and you can also just update it from the app manager.

coldfusion+maxiworld:

thank you, this was dumb of me, I searched online instead of checking on the n800...
BTW: I did have to restart my N800 to actually show the new applet feature, but now it works GREAT!
thanks again for the pointers....