Well my 770 got WSOD today ... sadly...

And I searched from internet and understood that it was due to the LCD controler... I doubt if Nokia will satisfy me to have my tablet fixed. So i am wondering whether i can fix it by DIY ( I learned EE ...)

The LCD controller from Epson is S1D13742... and there is one power regular chipset (TK63115) to power the LCD controller. I am wondering if the LCD controller itself got broken, or just the power regular chipset? If just the power regular chipset broken, I would be happy... but if the problem is in the LCD controller, I have no idea where can I buy this, and if it will cost me too much to buy it...

Anybody knows the answer? If I have no confidence to fix it, I would not go on to open the cover of the 770 as I still have a little hope to get it fix by Nokia support...

Originally Posted by Goldy View Post
Well my 770 got WSOD today ... sadly...

And I searched from internet and understood that it was due to the LCD controler... I doubt if Nokia will satisfy me to have my tablet fixed. So i am wondering whether i can fix it by DIY ( I learned EE ...)

The LCD controller from Epson is S1D13742... and there is one power regular chipset (TK63115) to power the LCD controller. I am wondering if the LCD controller itself got broken, or just the power regular chipset? If just the power regular chipset broken, I would be happy... but if the problem is in the LCD controller, I have no idea where can I buy this, and if it will cost me too much to buy it...

Anybody knows the answer? If I have no confidence to fix it, I would not go on to open the cover of the 770 as I still have a little hope to get it fix by Nokia support...

After more reading of the schematics and the chipset datasheets, I doubt the hardware issue might be within the LCD PANEL control ICs, but not S1D13742 related. Because the logical output seems to be OK ( I can see the characters on the screen, though the pixels in the same vertical line are mess up...). It seems that the driving circuit in the LCD panel is broken...

The Following User Says Thank You to Goldy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 34 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Aug 2007 @ a northerner in the south
apparently only nokia can fix this. i had wsod on my 770 and returned it to expansys after pestering them and insisting they give me a replacement. which they duly did,minus the charger complete with what looks like a secondhand battery. ok. iv'e got a 770 that works but i am dubious about if its a new one! my original 770 had a wonderful screen quality this one is a bit iffy. where did you get yours from? its still worth calling nokia and aving a go at them. trading standards say an item has to be fit for its purpose when on sale!

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Just wondering, anyone found N810 schematics somewhere?

If you really need to PM me with troubleshooting question please consider posting it to the forum instead. It is OK to PM me a link to such post then. Thank you.

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by fanoush View Post
Just wondering, anyone found N810 schematics somewhere?
it'd be nice, wouldn't it

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
http://www.nmacleod.com/nokia/schematics/

If someone is still looking.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
http://www.nmacleod.com/nokia/schematics/

If someone is still looking.
Yeah, I gave the links of the N810 schematics and service manuals to milhouse on IRC and he uploaded them there.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,310 | Thanked: 820 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Irving, TX
Very helpful documents for DIY repair technicians...

The Following User Says Thank You to Mara For This Useful Post: