it seems that skype doesn't care about internet table no more, we need Improvements including: video, better sound quality, better stability and friendlier interface.

http://www.skype.com/download/skype/windowsmobile/

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
i kinda recall that nokia payed skype for the client. the tablet market is simply to small...

Anyone else have their clitent not reconnect when changing from wifi network to wifi network? The client seems to randomly connect and disconnect. Anyone know a way to force the client to always be online when the NIT is connected to the internet?

In my n810, skype sound quality is poor and a I had lot of lags. I used to talk with native maemo phone application (gtalk) and I had a good sound quality. Skype in internet tablet looks for me more a market strategy than a real app

Regards from Brazil

Ignore skype releases for Windows. They don't tell you anything about what you could expect for the N8x0. It's what happens with the Linux (desktop) versions that's interesting, because that release is the originator of the N8x0 version. Skype for Linux and Windows are very different, so one doesn't track the other very much.

I haven't looked at Skype for Windows Mobile, but I'd expect it to be similarly separate from Skype for Windows as the Skype for NITs is from Skype for x86 Linux. So it getting video could be indicative that Skype cares more about transferring features down from its Windows parent than from the Linux parent for us; I think that parallel was the point here.

OTOH, the Windows client has had video a lot longer than the x86 Linux client, so it makes sense that it would trickle down sooner over there. This could be viewed as indicative that Skype does care (some) about mobile platforms, and so the tablets might be next in line.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Its an overpriced service using a proprietary protocol anyway...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post:
and in the same way as the iphone is synonymous with web on the go, skype is voip...

Its also the proprietary platform on which most people's friends and families are on, anyway...

yep, its a classical chicken and egg thing...