Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 597 | Thanked: 490 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by hschmitt View Post
I don't use power-kernel, but obexd is not responsible for sound streaming via bluetooth. This is done purely by bluez.
Thanks hschmitt!
Tried to verify this by pairing my N900 with a HS-56W headset - it works, audio is streamed...
Now I am confused!?
What does this tell me, whats the difference between audio streaming to headset and streaming to carkit?

QNeptunea -
Best Twitter Client for N9/N950 - HowTo Create Themes

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
The other day I noted that, while I can still access my phone book and dial via my carkit, sound is not transmitted anymore.
I am pretty sure this was introduced by upgrading to power-kernel v47.
Can someone help narrow this problem down and confirm that current obex implementation stopped working with v47?

After having this issue for several days it suddenly disappeared
Audio is transmitted just fine to and from carkit via bluetooth again. I have no clue what might have caused the issue as I didn`t change anything in the meantime

Sorry for the confusion caused by this!

QNeptunea -

Hi,

For some reason audio is not transmitted anymore. Phone connects fine with car kit but audio stopped working for some reason.

I could never get phonebook to appear probably because my car kit is not PBAP, but at least I could get audio.

Are there any commands I can use to troubleshoot this? Is this a bluez problem?

Thanks

Originally Posted by cenwesi View Post
just in case anyone is wondering, this method works with sending contact info to the Blueant Q2 Bluetooth. Now when someone calls my n900 the Bluetooth announces the name
Hi Cenwesi, could you help me on how to do this? I have installed the obex deb packages given in the Bluetooth_PBAP page trying to make the contacts and calls recognized, but now my blueant q2 can not find or connect to my n900 anymore. I tried again (after downgrading to original state) and the result is the same. can you help me please? many thanks, tsai.

Originally Posted by tsai View Post
Hi Cenwesi, could you help me on how to do this? I have installed the obex deb packages given in the Bluetooth_PBAP page trying to make the contacts and calls recognized, but now my blueant q2 can not find or connect to my n900 anymore. I tried again (after downgrading to original state) and the result is the same. can you help me please? many thanks, tsai.
I see now the Censensi's message was from 2010, any one else could help me? the restoration to the original settings will be of great help too, many thanks

Just wondering how much work would be involved in updating the evolution-addressbook to support the newer versions of obexd. Reason being the 0.41 release has "initial work towards support for Message Access Profile".

Hi! I have a little problem. I have a Sony car reciever MEX BT3900U with BT HF. After I installed obexd2_0.37-0maemo1 and libopenobex2-1.5-0maemo3 the reciever reads phonebook fine. BUT when I make a call (or just leave the list) and want to open it again, the reciever keeps blinking with "LISTING" a even after 5 minutes nothing happens. Where could be the problem? I have attached the outputs from hcidump and sysklog - the first ones are saved after succesful load and the second ones after fail. Thanks for any help!
Attached Files
File Type: zip Archive.zip (59.2 KB, 79 views)

Any further news on this project?

Originally Posted by Android_808 View Post
Any further news on this project?
I donīt think that anyone is still working on this.
Sure its still not available from repositories, but it works for most if not all with an appropriate carkit.

However, with my new baby (the N9) I have again problems with PBAP.
Created a new thread here and the issue is also discussed on MeeGo.com Forum.

QNeptunea -

Anyone know if an IrMC solution is in the works for N9? Or what it takes to port over from N900?

Thanks.

Originally Posted by Reflektorfalke View Post
I donīt think that anyone is still working on this.
Sure its still not available from repositories, but it works for most if not all with an appropriate carkit.

However, with my new baby (the N9) I have again problems with PBAP.
Created a new thread here and the issue is also discussed on MeeGo.com Forum.

Tags
bada rox, bluetooth, carkit, contacts, irmc sync, pbap profile