Originally Posted by Aranel View Post
I guess its already answered a hundred times at least, but I want to be sure: If I upgrade to newer firmware OTA (get maemo5 pkg from hildon-app-manager), Am I going to lose all data, settings, applications etc?
It's already been answered enough times, asking again is pointless. No, you will not lose anything.

The Following User Says Thank You to truslack For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by truslack View Post
It's already been answered enough times, asking again is pointless. No, you will not lose anything.
But make a backup anyway ...

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Ok...now it is available here in São Paulo, now the big question...Should I do it? I have been reading more negative points than positive ones.

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by phortize View Post
wireless radio appears way less powerful
Not noticed this - perhaps they've changed the default power setting to 10mW rather than 100 - worth checking this before reflashing.

extra-devel repo not working anymore
This is nothing to do with the firmware update - the repository is just having issues at the moment (as it does periodically).

lost ogg support
I think someone said that removing & reinstalling the OGG support fixes this.

generally slower
This may be because the indexer is running - most people have said the new firmware feels faster.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rob1n For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rusti View Post
Try apt-get clean and apt-get autoclean as root in terminal. It should remove downloaded archive files. Then reboot and try again.
Thanks, done, still no joy

Originally Posted by tomchiverton View Post
This is easy. Uninstall any applications you can, esp. any from non-core repos., i.e. extras-* or large ones (SDL, MAME, ...).

Then reboot.
How are you supposed to know the programme is from extras/devel?? I have deleted even more now, but still not enough space. All the big programmes and quite a few extras/devel progs.

Posts: 1 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Poland, Lodz
I've noticed minor inconsistency in themes. I switched to Digital Nature after update (black'n'orange one) but some UI elements are still Nokia Nseries style (power button menu and unlock slider). Anyone with the same issue?

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
Not noticed this - perhaps they've changed the default power setting to 10mW rather than 100 - worth checking this before reflashing.

This is nothing to do with the firmware update - the repository is just having issues at the moment (as it does periodically).

I think someone said that removing & reinstalling the OGG support fixes this.

This may be because the indexer is running - most people have said the new firmware feels faster.
Indeed it is smoother. Mine took a while for the indexing to complete and was very choppy for about 10 minutes. Now all is running well.

It is a must have install if you want to get the later fw release.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 1,206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Chertsey in the Thames, United Kingdom
Originally Posted by j4b0l View Post
I've noticed minor inconsistency in themes. I switched to Digital Nature after update (black'n'orange one) but some UI elements are still Nokia Nseries style (power button menu and unlock slider). Anyone with the same issue?
Yes but taht too cleared after 10 mins, I also did a re-boot too.

Originally Posted by j4b0l View Post
i had this happening but a reboot fixed it.

updated in italy

changelog:

some icon changes

wireless radio appears way less powerful

extra-devel repo not working anymore

lost ogg support

generally slower

yeah good job nokia!!

im going to flash it back with the old firmware - if i can
I updated - not really sure why... The icon changes seem quite nice on th whole. Haven't noticed the wireless radio problems yet - where are you experiencing this?

Extra-devel repo is working fine for me.

I did notice speed changes at first although after a reboot they have gone away.

Noticed a weird thing when sending an sms, before its gone and you multi task out of the conversations window, it snaps back to that window as soon as its sent. Bit odd...

And not sure about the loss of ogg support... still installed and seemingly working over her!

Tags
firmware, firmware update, minor update, n900, ota, pr1.0.1, ssu, update