Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Actually, the bit of that 30 mintes talk that struck a chord with me was his point about attention to detail in terms of a small fault making the whole thing suck. I thought "USB sockets not properly fixed" - and hoped maybe we won't see stupid mistakes like that again.

That and the idea of a nine day interview - nearly as bad as getting into the church!

(Am I the only one who thinks that particular photo makes him look like Odo? In which case it can be as long as he chooses...)

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I understand why Nokia hired Skillman and Elop, they are both (worked for Microsoft and PalmPre) an enermy of Nokia enermy

"You're an enermy of my enermy, even though we were once enermy but we are enermy not, we are now friend"

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
After listening to that podcast, I am thoroughly convinced that Nokia hired the right man for the job. Whether or not he is able to redirect corporate inertia though is a different question....

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

I guess we have skillman to thank(or not) for the curved glass and uhhh pillow exterior shape and all the new swiping gestures ala webos

maybe webos and meego can join up once nokia lays off all the harmattan/meego people

Posts: 562 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Daly City
Originally Posted by cfh11 View Post
After listening to that podcast, I am thoroughly convinced that Nokia hired the right man for the job. Whether or not he is able to redirect corporate inertia though is a different question....
indeed they hired the right guy..