Posts: 103 | Thanked: 493 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ France
To nitpick a bit...

Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
because chen probably wants more than just people here to know about the product?
Looking at the advertisement on Twitter and just about all (don't quote me on that) the articles on the OP, it's pretty obvious that it has been targeted at crApdroid users first and foremost, so there's statistically much more people *out of TMO* that know about the Pro1 than *in here*.

NB: No need to argue about shAtdroid being pushed forward, I'm pretty sure most of us here have reached the consensus that it is a necessary evil.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Originally Posted by British View Post
To nitpick a bit...

Looking at the advertisement on Twitter and just about all (don't quote me on that) the articles on the OP, it's pretty obvious that it has been targeted at crApdroid users first and foremost, so there's statistically much more people *out of TMO* that know about the Pro1 than *in here*.

NB: No need to argue about shAtdroid being pushed forward, I'm pretty sure most of us here have reached the consensus that it is a necessary evil.
oh, but do they? Or even if they do, do they really care?
Statistically, everybody is a smartphone user this days. And yet, 95% of those have no idea what version of OS their phone is on, or that playstore even exist. They just know that their new phone does not have something that the old one did. And so on.......
Advertisement in android world is much more needed than here. We all know what are we getting and why. Out there, sheeps will just get samsung because it's the only brand in prominent place everywhere.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
we don't need any events, we need sales start. why wasting time when it's better focus on finishing production and starting shipping?
It's a give and take. Yes the meetings are probably good for feedback and last minute tweaks. But I doubt they can make any significant changes this late in development. Just polish, perfect, and start selling... That hardware isn't getting any younger

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Just saw a post on their Twitter account. There's meetings around the world in july....
Wait is going to be as painful as possible I guess

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 939 times | Joined on Jun 2014 @ Finland
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
meetings won't beat up Apple's brainwashing for recent 10 years. 99% of people dream of iphone no matter what other companies offer. those events might attract single percents of possible buyers.
So are you trying to say that nobody should advertise anything if they can't turn everyone's head? There's a lot of Apple (or whatever brand) fanboys who wouldn't buy the Pro1, but they are not the target audience anyway. But there is masses of people who still haven't heard of the Pro1 but could be potential customers. For example, none of my friends still haven't heard of the Pro1, so more advertising is needed to reach the target customers. F(x)tec is a completely unknown company for the most of people, after all. Showing people that the product really exists and even giving them a chance to try it out is a great way make more customers.

Besides, do you really think that these guys, who arrange these meetings, normally spend their days assembling the phones? So arranging meetings will make delays to the process getting phones ready to ship? In Dirkvl's home factory it was like this perhaps, but not in a modern phone company.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Koiruus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
Just saw a post on their Twitter account. There's meetings around the world in july....
Wait is going to be as painful as possible I guess
Guess how painful it is after you’ve seen the device..

Also it’s painful to know that what you’ve seen still not ready as a product.

It’s already better than some of devices on the market, but at the time of me seeing it, it wasn’t ready to be shipped.

On positive side, you can see the attention to details and the work that was already done, and it’s worth waiting.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
oh, but do they? Or even if they do, do they really care?
I'm not sure what you were getting at, but if it all boiled down to this:

Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
Advertisement in android world is much more needed than here.
...then you may have missed my NB

Originally Posted by British View Post
Actually, it sorta feels like you were lashing at me for some reason, while I was merely stating a fact: there's more advertisement in the "Android world", as you put it, than on TMO.
Whether people in the "Android world" care is moot: just because the Pro1 has been presented here doesn't mean every single TMO members is interested in it either.

In any case, can't wait for more news about the hardware... and of course Leste, SFOS and the likes (if there's actually more than those two in the works)

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
I would say same as DDark, it is hard when someone show You a candy, give a taste, and after that, takes it away...

We must think positive... And I trust Chen that he will tell us if some delaying is coming...

I don't like "gtmaster303"s negative attitude...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
I don't like "gtmaster303"s negative attitude...
With Dave999 having left ship, there's a [h|r]ole to fill

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to British For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
So are you trying to say that nobody should advertise anything if they can't turn everyone's head? There's a lot of Apple (or whatever brand) fanboys who wouldn't buy the Pro1, but they are not the target audience anyway. But there is masses of people who still haven't heard of the Pro1 but could be potential customers. For example, none of my friends still haven't heard of the Pro1, so more advertising is needed to reach the target customers. F(x)tec is a completely unknown company for the most of people, after all. Showing people that the product really exists and even giving them a chance to try it out is a great way make more customers.
Even odder you know; two colleagues of mine who are SFOS users had not heard about it before I told them; the other is a Jolla sjb1 user and the other one has a Jolla-C

Both of them have been communicator users in the time of Nokia phones, and were fairly interested about f(x) when I told them about it.

I somehow would have imagined that all Sailfish users would already have known about it, seems I was wrong.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit