Notices

I really want to try the nano arm deb package on my 770. However, I am not able to find a valid copy of the installing package. Anyone tried it before? Pico is my favorite text editor... as it borrows the interface from Pine.

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by mccake
I really want to try the nano arm deb package on my 770. However, I am not able to find a valid copy of the installing package. Anyone tried it before? Pico is my favorite text editor... as it borrows the interface from Pine.
I downloaded the nano arm deb package from here and it works just fine.

www.teemuharju.net

Last edited by teemu; 2006-01-30 at 07:35. Reason: Fixing typos

Thanks very much.
This is awesome

Actually, pico itself compiles and works just fine on the 770 (screenshot), without any changes to the source code.

The only problem I've found so far is that anything which makes the onscreen keyboard appear or disappear -- such as using xterm's menu option to send a control key -- messes with the status line prompts and help text. So if you've made modifications to the buffer and hit Ctrl-X, it appears as though it's frozen; it's waiting for you to hit Y or N, but the prompt isn't visible.

Fortunately, there's another way to send control keys -- press the Escape hardware key twice, followed by the key you want to send; that'll do it without messing up the display.

If anyone wants it, I'll build a .deb with pico in it.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
How'd you guys get it to work (nano) I just installed it and no dice for me.

Posts: 772 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Jul 2005 @ Montclair, NJ (NYC suburbs)
Originally Posted by teemu
I downloaded the nano arm deb package from here and it works just fine.
I also downloaded the nano arm deb package and I couldn't get it to launch at all.

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Niles IL...Chicago born and raised.
Originally Posted by RogerS
I also downloaded the nano arm deb package and I couldn't get it to launch at all.
Yeah me neither...

Posts: 47 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Virginia Beach, VA USA
I would definitely like a build of pico for the 770. I find that I really miss it when I ssh in from my desktop.