Notices

Hi.. Great Program.. but theres only one thing: Can you please make it more err theme friendlier? I am using the Nokia Black and White theme and cant read the text of the menus properly..

Thanks!

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ France
I have a strange problem: BlessN900 is not starting any more.

It was working perfectly until Saturday, but yesterday I tried to use it and it's impossible. When I launch BlessN900, the start up seems to go normally (a new window is opened with the title BlessN900 and the turning circle at it's side) but after a few seconds the window closes and nothing more happens.

I checked dmesg but no message is logged, and in /var/log there's nothing.

I launched it from the command line (but I don't know if this is the right way to launch it - any missing parameter?) and got a segmentation fault:

Code:
/opt/blessn900 $ ./blessn900
Could not parse application stylesheet
Process not killed: not found, not root or kill failed
Segmentation fault
/opt/blessn900 $
Can anyone help me to diagnose this problem? Thanks.

Originally Posted by quingu View Post
Just to get home and find not a single photo had been saved. They were all gone.

So I checked the settings, and indeed it was set to save to SD only - which I am not using at the moment.
BlessN900 happily discarded any picture I took without ever missing a beat. It even gave me the info message that an unprocessed image had been saved when there wasn't enough light for Shallowmode. Never was I told that it didn't actually save anything. No error message, nothing.

I know , I know - who am I to judge. The program is nice, and it's free. Still, it never told me that it wasn't actually saving the beautiful pictures that took me hours to take, just throwing them right into the virtual dumpster.

Always check your settings first. Lesson learned.
Sorry about that, please remember that this is still a development version. We will add a protection against such faults in next version (auto write to the device when SD is not available, display a message if a error occurred when saving).

Originally Posted by saned View Post
I have an issue with the image viewer app, showing BlessN900 pics' thumbnails as mostly grey blocks.
Where do you store the photos - to the device or to SD? Is picture viewer running when you take photos with BlessN900? Are you on PR1.2 or 1.3?

Originally Posted by taril View Post
The focus is on the background. Is it default in BlessN900?
BlessN900 uses standard auto-focus feature, so the focusing does not differ between BlessN900 and other camera apps.

Originally Posted by Pigro View Post
Could you always take further shots while the spinning dots were doing their thing to indicate post-processing?
In fact, you could take further shots provided there is enough free RAM. For HDR shots you will usually need to wait until the processing completes, as this mode uses plenty of RAM.

Originally Posted by systemcrash View Post
I have a strange problem: BlessN900 is not starting any more.

Have you installed/upgraded any programs since last time BlessN900 started?
Have you tried to uninstall/install BlessN900 to cure the problem?

Posts: 74 | Thanked: 27 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ France
Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
Have you installed/upgraded any programs since last time BlessN900 started?
No. I updated nothing.

Originally Posted by eugene.panich View Post
Have you tried to uninstall/install BlessN900 to cure the problem?
Not yet. I didn't want to destroy the crime scene in case there was something interesting waiting to be discovered.

I'll try later, as I don't have an internet connection here for the N900.

Thanks for your answer.

The Following User Says Thank You to systemcrash For This Useful Post:
Great app, have been using it since the first release.
Appreciate very much your effort and enthusiasm in adding more features and making it compete with professional grade photo options

The Following User Says Thank You to flydeep For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Dear Eugene, will you find time to implement a somewhat configurable Black and White mode in BlessN900?
Personally, I found a black and white function missing from the N900 camera.

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Which of the many algorithms for converting color input into black and white are you after?

Talking about that, could we have yet another super resolution mode, by separating the color components into grayscale pixels? (knowing the geometry of the pixels in the sensor that shouldn't be a big challenge (unless the arrangement is not in a rectangular grid; though if it is, the result might not have correct aspect ratio, but for some purposes that would be acceptable with the additional detail achieved)

In the options pane, "your name:" setting is always blank aftera a program restart.
Did anyone notice this "bug"?
Thanks.

Tags
camera, nokia n900