Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Before it is too late...

Some man made light on it's long journey back to nature. Shot on F(x)tec Pro1 with whatever camera app Lineage 17.1 comes with, no edits.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
In the past we did extend over two month when only few entries happened. Quite often during 2018 even.
I would propose to do so this time since i really like the Contrast topic and would love to see your ideas!

If you agree, just do not vote now but post your entry until 28th of January?
Would that be cool with you @nonsuch?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 362 | Thanked: 1,373 times | Joined on Nov 2015 @ Sweden
Hope it's not to late...
This is straight into the projector of my projection clock.
Xperia X, Sailfish stock photo app, no edit.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to eson For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mosen View Post
In the past we did extend over two month when only few entries happened. Quite often during 2018 even.
I would propose to do so this time since i really like the Contrast topic and would love to see your ideas!

If you agree, just do not vote now but post your entry until 28th of January?
Would that be cool with you @nonsuch?
Let's do that. Especially since I still want to get 1 or 2 entries in myself!

So, loud and clear:
There will be no voting in the end of december. The whole month's topic has been extended 1 month. Official end of contributions and beginning of voting starts Jan 27, 2020!
I will edit the 1st post accordingly.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
My camera (Xperia XA2, SailfishOS, Advanced Camera) performs poorly under poor lighting conditions. Can this be tweaked? App settings maybe?
Nevertheless there are some motives I want to contribute, but I scaled them down pretty much because what's the point looking at digital grain in hi-res.

First, not a contribution but a question:

A house under construction. Pretty tall, almost 3 stories. Does this look like it's made from wood completely, even structural support (except the basement)? Because it does to me, and that's pretty amazing. I've actually seen a few newly built multistory houses that look like they're not only built with, but also carried by wood, completely. What do you think?

Potential contribution 1:

Strangely facinating, to me. Trees vertical, house horizontal, squares of light. Just a random encounter, walking through one of those narrow strips of forest between residential areas.

Potential contribution 2:

This should be familiar to many, but I've never seen it live, and never from the backside, and never in disco lights (or wait, no, that's probably supposed to be christmasy).
Espoo Museum of Modern Art in the background.

All pictures: Xperia XA2, Advanced Camera, lightly cropped & resized in GIMP.

Last edited by nonsuch; 2020-12-31 at 10:50.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nonsuch For This Useful Post:
I've missed some of the months.. and some of them I would like to miss this year =)

BTW Happy holidays, and wish that we'll get a better year in 2021

Here is one I would like to post as an entry.. but it wasn't shot on a phone

And here is my entry:
"Tired of this year"

Shot on Z Fold 2, Stock Camera, Unedited.

P.S. I hate camera on this phone(?), but this picture is surprisingly good.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DDark For This Useful Post:
If late, then late...

Anyway, not so good picture technically, but some warm in it? So little contrast on topic?

N9 stock, crop by gimp:

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by nonsuch View Post
First, not a contribution but a question:
https://dt.iki.fi/stuff/forums/maemo/12/24_154958.jpg
A house under construction. Pretty tall, almost 3 stories. Does this look like it's made from wood completely, even structural support (except the basement)? Because it does to me, and that's pretty amazing. I've actually seen a few new houses that look like they're not only built with, but also carried by wood, completely. What do you think?
Have You heard about CLT (= Cross Laminated Timber)? My friend owns part of company which make those elements... -> https://hoisko.fi/kokemuksia-hoisko-clt/referenssit/

edit: better link...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 3,980 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by catbus View Post
Have You heard about CLT (= Cross Laminated Timber)? My friend owns part of company which make those elements... -> https://hoisko.fi/kokemuksia-hoisko-clt/referenssit/

edit: better link...
I've been seeing quite a lot of construction lately of rather tall wood framed buildings here built with engineered lumber. Four and five story apartment complexes, sometimes sitting on top of a one or two story reinforced concrete parking garage. (Or if you're one tier of states north, a parking ramp.) The overall effect is actually kinda medieval or renaissance when viewed under construction.

(We went and built a skyscraper seven stories high . . . that's about as high as a building oughta go . . . And don't get me started on our burlesque shows . . . Among other kinds of nerd I am, a musical nerd I am, too.)

Also hopefully some nice pics of a local over-the-top Xmas light display . . . soon (TM).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to robthebold For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
My entry. I almost forgot about the photo competition, net being on TMO much this month. It is rubbish but it will have to do.

Taken on Christmas Eve with an Xperia X running Sailfish, no editing.

Name:  20201224_145147.jpg
Views: 332
Size:  169.5 KB

(It may look dodgy in my post, but should appear fine in the summary for voting.)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera phone, competition