Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
I managed to make my pre order payment yesterday and all went fine. No credit card problems

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
So far I think all those who reported payment problems were from France, myself included. It is just a correlation at this point, but it might be worth looking in that direction.

[Edit] Wrong. It seems gtmaster303 is from the USA, considering his concerns about Sprint.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
So far I think all those who reported payment problems were from France, myself included.
J'ai bien peur que vous ayez tort, ma chère.
[I'm afraid you're wrong, my dear.](?)

My guess is CC issues are not bound to country but individual security measures per institution/bank.

Us reporting here mainly means we use CCs rarely and got surprised with the complications imo.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Your French sentence is correct, but I edited my post in advance. Indeed, I was wrong, some reports seem to come from other countries.

Originally Posted by mosen View Post
Us reporting here mainly means we use CCs rarely and got surprised with the complications imo.
I don't think this alone explains the reports. I do use my credit card very often on the web or abroad and my bank usually is very flexible without prior notice, this is the first time in years that I encounter the issue I have encountered here.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
Your out of Luck. No sim card for Sprint in the US and they are CDMA not GSM for voice.

The only two carriers in the US that are GSM are AT&T, T-Mobile
Go back and read previous posts, Sprint does use sim cards, but not like a gsm carrier would.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by ka9yhd View Post
Your out of Luck. No sim card for Sprint in the US and they are CDMA not GSM for voice.

The only two carriers in the US that are GSM are AT&T, T-Mobile
Correct, but CDMA carriers DO use SIM cards for LTE service.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
I don't think this alone explains the reports. I do use my credit card very often on the web or abroad and my bank usually is very flexible without prior notice, this is the first time in years that I encounter the issue I have encountered here.
I was also blocked this morning. I don't often use my card with such high amounts, but when I asked the bank about the reason for those protections, they said something kind of like this (translated from French) : "This website is not known from us and as such is flagged as a potential fraud". Not sure what they would need to "know" the website in the future...

They said they could remove the ban temporary on my account to allow me to do the purchase, with a duration of my choice, but that didn't work so far. I may try again tomorrow to check if it is only a delay from the bank, or something else.

That does not help to keep confidence with the project...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
I will attend FROSCON with some "Sailfish OS running keyboard devices" this coming Saturday. Glad to meet Olf and maybe Mosen again!!

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
@chenliangchen As you are here, do you have any comments about those declined credit cards payments ?
Anything you know that could help us troubleshoot this with our banks ?
Or in the other way, any details you need from us, to help improve this on your side ?
And as a fallback, could Paypal be added ?

Thanks !

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
@chenliangchen As you are here, do you have any comments about those declined credit cards payments ?
Anything you know that could help us troubleshoot this with our banks ?
Or in the other way, any details you need from us, to help improve this on your side ?
And as a fallback, could Paypal be added ?

Thanks !
Really sorry to hear that. Unfortunately this is all to do with your bank's security policy... We cannot help here. There are a few cases that the payment went through on a second attempt, it might be worth trying.

We are working with PayPal and trying to restore it as an option, we are doing our best and it shall not take too long. But can not guarantee the exact timeline at this moment.

If you experience more issue, I will engage with the financial team to get back to you formally.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit