Notices

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Hmm does ogg support still cause problems with voice in/out? I read that was a bug in OS2008 (would sometimes cause mutes in voice in or out in Skype/Gizmo/etc.. voice calls).
The last I saw it still caused problems with the inbuilt Google Video Chat. This drove me and my brother nuts for a long time before the reason was forthcoming.

It caused the mutes you refer to you and also break up and distortion. Several times we found ourselves reverting to using the telephone to speak and the tablets to watch.

Canola is getting better and better fast. Team is working hard so thanks for this lovely application. I'm just wondering how is situation about oggs at the moment? I have updated to beta7 but Canola won't show nothing when browsing folder containing oggs.

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
hi Markku, it just misses on package, that it being worked on. I take the blame because I didn't check if the guys were updating it also, and it needed you guys to complain so I could see the error.

we are running with that, but it needed a little bit more tricks than just compile again.
Next week I promise is there. (today is a holiday here in Brazil )

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Thank you for information. Nice to see that little complaining gets noticed Canola is working so nice, keep up good work!

Thanks for the understanding Markku, actually all complaining are listened maybe we will not implement some that are not in our goals, but ogg is quite important, and unfortunately we did a amateur failure : / we will make it up with ogg users again

Br

The Following User Says Thank You to handful For This Useful Post:
Posts: 48 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Canada
my ogg's still worked after an update to beta 7. however canola did not seem to realize when the song ended as even though the there would be 0:00 remaining it would not automatically go to the next song.

long story short and one reflash later im in the same boat and can't find the floating point ogg lib.

is it possible the integer only ogg lib be used for better speed?

Hi Jchord, we don't do anything related to the ogg besides adding support to the scanner. Of course could be bugs between the messages when they are exchanged between the player and canola, and we can take a better look.

The official package for the beta8 is coming, and for support about the libs you should check out tuomas kulve page, hes the one maintaing this

Cheers,

MArcelo

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Originally Posted by jchord View Post
my ogg's still worked after an update to beta 7. however canola did not seem to realize when the song ended as even though the there would be 0:00 remaining it would not automatically go to the next song.

long story short and one reflash later im in the same boat and can't find the floating point ogg lib.

is it possible the integer only ogg lib be used for better speed?
I had the same problem and it looks like it is related to mplayer ...
I modified my ~/.atabake/config : add "ogg = oms" at the end of section "[Media]" to force Canola to use the built-in media player and it did the trick ...

But then I had installed ogg support before updating to beta 7 ...

The Following User Says Thank You to fredoll For This Useful Post:
How about the mogg 0.4.1 package from Tilman Vogel? Is that support package for ogg-vorbis also valid with Canola beta8?

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
From what I understand, Canola would support any file that is supported by the built-in media player or mplayer ...
So if you add support for ogg file to the built-in media player it's fine (be it with ogg support or mogg)
BUT the only thing is that it may not see those files ... that is where you need to install support for scanning ogg files (it is available from one of the dev personnal site and handful referenced it earlier in the thread ...)