Notices

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
FWIW, I finally updated to the new OS2008 on my N810 this morning and as a result, I had to reinstall Canola2 as well as ogg support. This time however, I didn't need to follow all of these extraneous steps - I just installed Canola2, Tuomas ogg support and mPlayer. My oggs worked from the start. **Note: I did use the Temporary Maemo Extras repo found @ gronmayer.com.

So if you're still having ogg support problems, perhaps you should try to uninstall and reinstall

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
Interesting... libvorbis0a was missing from my Chinook Tuomas repo.
My ogg-support -package doesn't provide the slow floating point version of the vorbis decoder (libvorbis0a) but the integer only version, i.e. Tremor (libvorbisidec) which is significantly faster on n8x0.

Posts: 46 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Edmonton, AB, Canada
I tried the instructtions with Canola 2 beta 2 in my 770 with OS2007HE and I could not get Canola to recognize my Vorbis files. :-(

I tried both with Tuomas' ogg-support for bora and with mogg 0.2, and none of them seem to work (I did install the linked ogg-lms-support package and libvorbis0a).

I wonder if I can try with Tuomas' chinook packages on OS2007HE...

Bye & Good Luck!

Pablo B.

I am having some difficulty getting this up:
+os2008 on an n810
+ogg support works for default player
+the given repo is added

-I do not have libvorbis0a package to install
-using the link for ogg-support-lms gives an "incompatible application package" error.

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be appreciated much -thanks

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Hi Davis,

I'm forwarding this to kenneth to see what happened. I think we updated the LMS and this may have broken the packages.

thanks for the report...

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Hi Davis, yes we were missing the package updates, it's now being generated again. We actually wanted to have in the same batch, but we need others packages from the ogg support to be on extras, and they cannot be there (AFAIK) still.. so we will put on the website a easy .install file for it.

Sorry for the trouble, thanks for the report!

Marcelo

can you provide a link for the said file?

Thanks a bunch

Hi Davis, it only works with the unreleased version, just hang on a little bit more and we will release everything

BR

Marcelo

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Hhi handful

Nokia N800
Software os2008 version 2.2007.51-3
Canola2 2.0.0-beta6-maemo2
Ogg Support v0.6

Just to add my voice to inability to add ogg support to Canola. It doesn’t make any difference in what sequence Canola and OggSupport is installed or uninstalled.

Also I tried to install
http://kenneth.christiansen.googlepa..._0.3_armel.deb
but get “incompatible application package” error. Again, any uninstall/reinstall sequence makes no difference.

All of my music files are in ogg format and I really ook forward to the results of your efforts in this.

Hmm does ogg support still cause problems with voice in/out? I read that was a bug in OS2008 (would sometimes cause mutes in voice in or out in Skype/Gizmo/etc.. voice calls).

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...