Notices

Originally Posted by Amboss View Post
I am using both, newest Sailfish and Pure Maps Offline. Nothing different I think. I am not navigating though, only searching for addresses and routes.
Thanks for your reply!

I asked because since I updated to 3.2.0.12, OSMSS crashes with a segfault whenever I search for addresses in PM.

Since it works for you and pacman, it should work here, too...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
Thanks for your reply!

I asked because since I updated to 3.2.0.12, OSMSS crashes with a segfault whenever I search for addresses in PM.

Since it works for you and pacman, it should work here, too...
wasn't it due to the corrupted databases? as discussed at openrepos

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
wasn't it due to the corrupted databases? as discussed at openrepos
While on 3.1.0.11 this helped - adress search was working again.

Since the update to 3.2.0.12, OSMSS segfaults (without further information)...

Is there a way to check the integrity of databases?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
While on 3.1.0.11 this helped - adress search was working again.

Since the update to 3.2.0.12, OSMSS segfaults (without further information)...

Is there a way to check the integrity of databases?
No there is not, at least integrated. Probably should make such integrity check, but not sure when. For now, you can download on PC and compare files with the ones on device.

As for 3.2.0.12, I can confirm it works fine for me as well.

I would suggest to make a new maps folder and download small set of maps to it. Check if all works with new maps.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Are you using OSM scout server (offline mode)?
OSM scout server in mixed mode, usually.

Are you able to search for addresses in PM?
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but what do you mean by "in PM"? If you can give me an example, I can try a test in offline mode.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
Sorry if I'm missing something obvious, but what do you mean by "in PM"? If you can give me an example, I can try a test in offline mode.
PM = Pure Maps, OSMSS = OSM Scout Server.

OSMSS can be used as maps (and routing) server for different clients (Pure Maps, Laufhelden, etc.), i.e. (running in background) it provides maps and routing data for them and the clients show them, provide search options, and so on (simplyfied).

When using PM in offline mode (settings -> profile -> offline), PM uses OSMSS to find addresses, routing and displaying maps, whereas in mixed and online mode other sources are used.

At the moment, (running in offline mode) PM returns "no results" whenever I search for adresses (because OSMSS crashes due to a seqfault in the backgroud, maybe due to some corrupted databases, as rinigus supposes).

So, the only thing you would have to do, is switching to offline profile in PM and search for any adress. If you get some results, the problem can be narrowed down to my device...

Thanks for your aid!

PM = Pure Maps, OSMSS = OSM Scout Server.
Doh... I was thinking that it was "something Mode"...

When using PM in offline mode (settings -> profile -> offline), PM uses OSMSS to find addresses, routing and displaying maps, whereas in mixed and online mode other sources are used.

At the moment, (running in offline mode) PM returns "no results" whenever I search for adresses (because OSMSS crashes due to a seqfault in the backgroud, maybe due to some corrupted databases, as rinigus supposes).

So, the only thing you would have to do, is switching to offline profile in PM and search for any adress. If you get some results, the problem can be narrowed down to my device...

Thanks for your aid!
OK - switching to offline mode and searching for a few addresses in the form "street name, town" does produce results, although it takes around 25 seconds for the results to appear. I did my best to search for addresses that I haven't searched for before.

I hope that that helps.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
OK - switching to offline mode and searching for a few addresses in the form "street name, town" does produce results, although it takes around 25 seconds for the results to appear. I did my best to search for addresses that I haven't searched for before.
I hope that that helps.
Thanks, it did (because with this, it was clear that the missing results had to do with my maps data and not with SFOS 3.2.0.12).

In the meantime, I got PMs search working again.

I removed OSMSS' maps data and downloaded it again. Now everything seems to work again.

Thanks to everyone who helped out!

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 759 times | Joined on Dec 2014 @ Poland
Yesterday during navigation I discovered that road information is partly off screen.
I don't know if there is some character limit or this is a bug.
Here you you have screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1bthqplgm...1_002.png?dl=0

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atlochowski For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by atlochowski View Post
Yesterday during navigation I discovered that road information is partly off screen.
I don't know if there is some character limit or this is a bug.
Here you you have screenshot: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z1bthqplgm...1_002.png?dl=0
Its a limit to avoid the blue rectangle to fill up your screen. Limits are imposed for width and height

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: