Notices

Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
harbour-pure-maps is a correct way of starting it. As I can see, we still have starting shutting down issue. Unfortunately, all I can come up with is to kill corresponding python process with a mighty kill command. I have no idea where to look for it as we seemed to cover many places already. Suggestions are welcome.

Maybe upcoming changes (Qt 5.9 in 2020) and Mapbox GL update (hopefully sooner) will help.

@mosen: thanks for the icons, will integrate them together with acknowledgment.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
[...] As I can see, we still have starting shutting down issue. [...]
Let me put it that way:
  • I am pretty sure that the original, show-stopping issue "PureMaps keeps running invisibly after closing, quickly draining the battery" has been successfully eliminated.
  • When starting and stopping PureMaps about a hundred times on three devices over the course of my "speed testing", I did not experience any apparent start-stop issues of PureMaps. Still some subtle misbehaviour would have escaped my observations, as I was focused on "speed(ily) testing".

Last edited by olf; 2019-09-30 at 19:28.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to olf For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
Version 1.26.0 is out.

This version has a major rewrite of navigation and follow me modes. Its remaining part of the implementation along the lines discussed this summer over here. We have now navigation start/pause and clear road buttons accessible on map view. Clicking on maneuvers button, you get to combined navigation/maneuvers page. Speed is shown now on the top right (shows up only when you get the gps fix), next to other current maneuver info (suggested by @popanz). We do have now current speed and speed limit on opposite corners of the screen, but I didn't find a better place for speed limit, unfortunately as top right is busy already.

Its intentional that you cannot open menus and start searching while you navigate. If you wish to do it, pause the navigation and, after you finish search or some other activity, start it again.

Transport icons found by Mosen are in, thank you!

Translations have been updated, thanks to all translators!

Feedback welcome, as usual.

The Following 22 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
I fully approve the simplification of the Nav-UX path
Well done.
This solution feels really snappy and looks great with those smaller top and bottom bars.
Thanks for considering my remarks and going far beyond what i could describe. Now we even got cancel buttons on map. It is much more recognizable as a "navigation mode" now imo.
Bravo.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Incredible work! It's really amazing with which enthusiasm you make Pure Maps better and better! Allways having an open ear for the suggestions of the community. THANK YOU!!!!!

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by rinigus View Post
Version 1.26.0 is out.

This version has a major rewrite of navigation and follow me modes. Its remaining part of the implementation along the lines discussed this summer over here.
I had a chance to try it out a few days ago while driving in an unfamiliar area. The new UI path works really well! Congratulations to you, and to everyone else who contributed to the discussions.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Is there already anyone using PM with recent SFOS version 3.2.0.12?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by BGK View Post
Is there already anyone using PM with recent SFOS version 3.2.0.12?
Yes, I haven't noticed any issues, although I only upgraded a few days ago.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
Yes, I haven't noticed any issues, although I only upgraded a few days ago.
Thanks for your reply.

Are you using OSM scout server (offline mode)?
Are you able to search for addresses in PM?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BGK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 237 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Mittelfranken, Germany
I am using both, newest Sailfish and Pure Maps Offline. Nothing different I think. I am not navigating though, only searching for addresses and routes.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Amboss For This Useful Post: