Originally Posted by pacman View Post
Hm, a Librem 5 in a Pro1 form factor?
Sounds sweet I wonder....
Cannot upvote twice, (fortunately )

My Mods for Wonko's Advanced Clock Plugin:
ISO8601 clock mod and Momental_IST clock mod

Printing your Email with the N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to theonelaw For This Useful Post:
Over on the Purism forums, there is a video showing the very first Librem 5 off the production line (according to the intro to the video).

“Hey Purism”, let’s see an L5 working (please)

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to pacman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by pacman View Post
Over on the Purism forums, there is a video showing the very first Librem 5 off the production line (according to the intro to the video).

“Hey Purism”, let’s see an L5 working (please)

Looking forward to seeing how the multitasking work. That is, can you go back and forth from different apps, putting them in background without losing current state. Will it allow you to browse while playing something on you tube, possibly opening 2 you tube sites simultaneously. Also will you be able to use apps/software from debian or related repositories?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by meloferz View Post
Didn't know that is an American company Now I have doubts about this
I guess I fully comprehend your remark, but in case of Purism I do somewhat appreciate they are from the US of America. (Sorry I had one too many Venezuelan friends ...)
Just pose yourself following question, is it a coincidence that it is indeed a USA 'company' which seems to bring into fruition that smartphone you're looking for? Just to note: Purism is not a just plainly a company, it is a social purpose company.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by AardDevil View Post
I guess I fully comprehend your remark, but in case of Purism I do somewhat appreciate they are from the US of America. (Sorry I had one too many Venezuelan friends ...)
Just pose yourself following question, is it a coincidence that it is indeed a USA 'company' which seems to bring into fruition that smartphone you're looking for? Just to note: Purism is not a just plainly a company, it is a social purpose company.
Hi. I was trying to avoid the post you replied to because things could quickly collapse to: do you trust Google with your data, do you trust Russian involvement with Jolla, do you trust Huawei, who must answer to the China government. Whew! Glad I avoided all that!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 400 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Geneva - CH
Quite interesting to see how the home menu is organized in 3 parts, from top to bottom. And I hope there's a parameter to hide the arrow at the bottom of the screen, it takes up space.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jordi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Glad I avoided all that!
I'll follow suit.
Just wondering what's keeping me here at TMO?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AardDevil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I found this video interesting as it shows a fairly recent version of pureOS on the dev kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tuLkga0dmY

So you see multitasking, store, keyboard in use for example. And also the progress from the users last update.

x

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by xman View Post
I found this video interesting as it shows a fairly recent version of pureOS on the dev kit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tuLkga0dmY

So you see multitasking, store, keyboard in use for example. And also the progress from the users last update.

x
Loved the fact it could install a .deb file! Performace wise I think it will be a step backwards for most folks but still fun to play with. Hopefully support continues and by the next iteration or two it should be quite good/competitive.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
@mscion: Do you have stereo vision? Started to wonder the need for two youtube videos at the same time. But I see the benefit even with if not having a stereo vision: boring educational videos you need to go through but not neccessary to absorb everything, so with one eye you can watch let's say Mr Bean or something.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post: