Posts: 73 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Pakistan
Originally Posted by Aamer View Post
I would agree with thedead1440. Wouldn't prefer too many things on status bar. You would loose the simplicity of N9. I find the current status bar to be very minimal and clean, and like it that way :-)

Alternatively I have this solution in mind -
Use the swiping from edges to jump to any 3 homescreens ( Notifications, Apps, Running apps ).

Swipe from top edge - Notification screen
Swipe from right edge - Apps
Swipe from left edge - Running Apps
Swipe from bottom - Close current app

This way we can jump from anywhere to the three screens with minimum effort.

What say ??
I think this can be done with Mymoves app. Not 100% like that but near to it.
And the idea of adding Notifications in the Status Bar menu is to give an option to the users. Somewhat you people are right that there will be too much mess in status bar menu. But users have the options what they want to have in the status bar menu and what not. In this regards I think thats not a bad idea. i know many people will like it..

Posts: 118 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on May 2012 @ INDIA
status bar of sg3 has wifi, gps, power saver, screen rotation, sound, notification, mobile data, bluetooth,driving mode, sync, settings..i would like to have all this on my n9 too..!!

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
stop comparing, you want that buy that!!! Go for sgs3 if you want it so bad!!!

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Ch.Saqib View Post
I guess with MyMoves you have 2 finger gesture. Can you modify the swiping from edges with Mymoves ? Also can you launch any of the three screens directly ? I see we can launch application.

[QUOTE=Ch.Saqib;1223680]Hi friends,
Many things are added to the status menu like Toogles, Brightness control, Social notifications etc. And thats really great.

I was thinking more things can be added like this. The thing which I personally miss is access to the notifications from the Status bar like its in Androids and IOS.

I think its good idea, i believe we have great developers over here.
Im nt sure where this can be done or nt , but i support this thought.

Long live N9 :P

The Following User Says Thank You to Sun9 For This Useful Post:

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koe For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by koe View Post
Aamer
SwipeManager
http://store.ovi.com/content/185570
Thanks I will try it,,, hope it doesnt conflict with mymoves

I dont see the point.

Download SwipeManager, and configure a particular swipe from one side to go straight to the Feeds page and then you only have to do ONE swipe and one button press on the notification..

Notifications on the Status menu would require 2 button clicks and most likely more as the notifications section would probably lead to a list of all recent notifications!

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by Ch.Saqib View Post
And the idea of adding Notifications in the Status Bar menu is to give an option to the users. Somewhat you people are right that there will be too much mess in status bar menu. But users have the options what they want to have in the status bar menu and what not. In this regards I think thats not a bad idea. i know many people will like it..
Spot on - As a former WebOS user I'm used to configure my "status bar" with whatever I want. I don't want to clutter it, I also like the simplicity of the N9, just one or two extra features that I use often.

I like the idea of jumping to different places depending where I swipe and thought of this many times. I think I need to check MyMoves app, thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by Aamer View Post
Thanks I will try it,,, hope it doesnt conflict with mymoves
This app does exactly what I'm looking for. Too bad the dev seems to have left this project. Functionallity with PR1.2 seems pretty limited so it is not an option in its current form.

The developer of SwipeManager seems to be a (former?) Nokia developer. Maybe he got fired/pissed off and left. High level of speculations here. I know there are a lot of skilled devs around in this community. Would it be a hard work to do a new SwipeManager?

Cheers

The Following User Says Thank You to Diggler For This Useful Post: