Posts: 1,702 | Thanked: 4,752 times | Joined on Apr 2018 @ Helsinki, Finland.
Do you wan't more people to be envolved and share responsibilities? I mean if something would happen to you suddenly, that would prevent you from taking care of payments and stuff, what would happen to this place? I think that one person as a maintainer is a big risk, if there is no automated plan B like "if the payment is not done, these people will get emails with detailed information how to continue maintainance".

How big block it is to mirror this whole forum as a back up, for instance? I'm thinking of having an updating back up system either on cloud or someone's own server. Maybe something like that had already been done.

Just throwing thoughts. And sorry to say, but I am not dedicated. I have just been active here because at the same time as I deleted my social media accounts I started to use N900. So this place was my new instagram and facebook and youtube channel. But this place has been much more, a learning place, and so many cool guys here. But - I got pain in my hands of using N900 and the small screen gives me problems because my eyes have been lasered so that one sees far and the other close. And the one which sees far is and SHOULD be dominating, but because of using N900 the latent clode seeing eye likes to take control and I get screwed all the time and need to calibrate sight by closing the eye which sees close and watch something in far to get the focusing right.

So because of these I have been forced to stop using N900. I ordered the Fx Pro X or what was it, and that may keep me in this forum, if that becomes my daily driver. At the moment I am though hoping to be able to get to use Nokia E90 as daily driver. If I get imap email and Telegram and youtube working, I think I can shift to use that.

Master of not knowing (active)

For me it is possible to get lost in any case (active)

Learning to fall from high (DONE)

Learning to code with BASIC (WIP)

The Following User Says Thank You to Maemish For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by badpixel View Post
But why PostMarketOS is ommited?
... so I personally think it's unfair it's totally ommited on main page
postmarketOS is very far from what Maemo was (and is), so I personally am not sure there is a big need to represent it. I have nothing against it (and actually continue to make some contributions to their project).

Plasma Mobile and Phosh are just shells, and run on any OS. There's Mobian for example (currently uses Phosh), which could be said to have a lot more in common with Maemo 5/6 - e.g. the Debian base.

Another project is Nemo Mobile, which roughly sits halfway between Harmattan and SFOS. I would guess it deserves higher priority than postmarketOS.

As for Maemo Leste, while it is true there are still a lot of missing components, there are basically 3 or 4 core devs. However, the work they have done already is really great. It would be really nice if more of the maemo.org community, especially developers, could give a hand, at least once in a while. There would likely be faster progress.

Latest Maemo Leste status update, https://maemo-leste.github.io/maemo-...mber-2020.html

Last edited by sicelo; 2021-04-16 at 23:57.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 680 | Thanked: 1,227 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Mbabane
Originally Posted by biketool View Post
is there anyone who can pass on responsibility at this point? Can any organized attempt even be made to prolong the existence of maemo.org and the maemo foundation or make changes to the website or the leadership?
I have never closely followed the leadership side much but I believe there is a constitution which is to be followed, but even if we do follow said constitution there are passwords, financials, and how-to for running the organization which must be passed.
How much of our maemo.org experience is automated payments to a website host from an inaccessible bank account? I think user Juiceme is the first stop as what I belive to be the last chief executive of the maemo/hildon foundation.
https://talk.maemo.org/member.php?u=61958
https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95856
There are community members who have already stepped up to help, and I believe many more can

Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
We are overdue for MCEV annual meeting as it has been quite difficult to arrange something that people could attend
Could we give it another try? I am quite sure there is interest and willingness from the other involved parties

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by badpixel View Post
Hmmm....Is Maemo Leste working with N9/N950 and N900 including WiFi, phone calls/sms, bluetooth, etc?
Is it in better shape than PostMarketOS?
For all those 3 devices, Maemo Leste provides the best support to date. Phone calls not working yet though - but don't work for them on postmarketOS either.

IOW, it isn't that Leste is inferior in any way - those devices have complexities of their own, which makes it hard for any project to support them (PowerVR GPU, modem with special protocol for call audio). For Maemo Leste to get this far with the N900, with just a few hands available - is nothing short of a miracle

Last edited by sicelo; 2021-04-17 at 10:08.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to sicelo For This Useful Post: