Notices

My N810 with diablo was indexing every music and video file to play with the native media player.
suddenly, some months ago, it stopped indexing. I added mp3 files to my SD card, but I can't see them with the media player.

How can I fix this?

Thanks,

Neto

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
does this describe your problem?
https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=3970

It does. I am reading all the comments yet.
do you suggest me to try to install the patch attached to that post?

thanks again

The patch worked for me. There was a risk using it: It would break the ability to receive Maemo-Upgrades from Nokia. (Not the patch itself, but what you have to do to get it installed.)

Now that Nokia decided not to give us any more updates, that doesn't matter any more. - You should feel comfortable with the command line, though, and know what "being root" means.

(WRT updates, it really makes you wonder, doesn't it? The file attached to this bug as a patch is from a version 5.2008.47, while we're stuck with 5.2008.43-7... they already had the updates, but chose not to release them....)

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
The patch worked for me. There was a risk using it: It would break the ability to receive Maemo-Upgrades from Nokia. (Not the patch itself, but what you have to do to get it installed.)

Now that Nokia decided not to give us any more updates, that doesn't matter any more. - You should feel comfortable with the command line, though, and know what "being root" means.

(WRT updates, it really makes you wonder, doesn't it? The file attached to this bug as a patch is from a version 5.2008.47, while we're stuck with 5.2008.43-7... they already had the updates, but chose not to release them....)
That patch broke everything for me completely in every way possible after a very short time to the point that I had to reflash. After the reflash, everything was back working again as it should, even after changing cards, moving songs, adding some and so on. Not sure what the hell is going on here.

... so maybe there was a reason why we never got 5.2008.47 ...?

OK. I did the installation according to comment #30 and everything worked fine.
My media player has its media files updated.

I hope nothing goes wrong now...