Newbie here. This will be painful to the old timers I'm sure. Sorry...

ebay on 120% full screen freezes--after > 12 mins, screen never changed. Took 14 clicks of the X to close the internet. Nothing else was running.

Downloaded the screen shot app, and it shows about 20+ apps running in the background--most I have no idea what they are, and the kill option does not disable them--check box clicked or not.

I enabled the virtual memory to run from the SD card last night...

Any of this making any sense?

Oh to be someone else...

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
What sort of access are you using to get on the internet?

Have you tried this on more than one access point?

Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
May be it is the metalayer-crawler bug. If yes there is a way to disable it.

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Have you set up a lot of RSS feeds in your feed reader? If so, depending on how you have the update interval set, it can sometimes hog the CPU to 100% while it is updating. Me personally, I have my update set to the max of once every 8 hours. I also turn off the scrolling on the desktop screen as that also eats a small amount of available CPU time.

The Following User Says Thank You to Munk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Well, the screen freezing happens to me, too. I've supposed that happens to everyone. In fact, twice I've even had to yank the battery to turn the Tablet off.

For me, it doesn't happen TOO MUCH, fortunately. I'd be curious at to how often that happens to other users (though such a poll would have been easier if the initiator of the thread had used a more descriptive Subject Heading).

And I just checked my running processes: it's right after startup, I'm running off the OS on the MMC, and there are a zillion processes running -- 52, to be exact.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

I'm accessing the internet via my home network with no rss feeds. Nothing else was running. The ebay page was all garbled with panes overlapping. I have a screenshot of it if it would help. I haven't tried it on another network. thanks all