Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
In short: After GUI update to 1.1.9.28 today, all Android apps notifications stopped working. I'm wondering is it because I messed around, or it's a system bug.

I have CODERUS's lovely Android notification installed while upgrading to SFOS2.0, afterwards I uninstalled notification app and realised all Android notifications stopped working. I installed it again and trying via both whitelist and blacklist mode, not working. Uninstalled again and still no luck.

I am wondering is it just for me because I did not uninstall Android Notification BEFORE update and uninstalled afterwards, which causes the mess. Or it's simply a bug in SFOS2.0?

Any hint for solution will be highly appreciated. (Perhaps not a hard reset...)

P.S.: I only need WeChat notification in Android really. It behaves abnormal after 2.0 update. Even with the app open, I received new message, as soon as I tap new msg the app crashes, has to restart to read it... Quite annoying.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2014 @ Lobsann, France
Ha, i didn't try any Android apps after the upgrade.
Will look if i also have this issue, since i also have the app "Android notification" installed...

Did you try reinstalling the Android support already? I don't know if it will work but it's a good place to start.

Posts: 594 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2012 @ Rhine
actually the notifications started working for me after the update to 1.1.9, they never did before.
i never had android notifications from coderus installed...

I can confirm the problem is because of previously installed Android Notification. Performed hard reset (and even bricked the device lol) and it worked finally.

Posts: 191 | Thanked: 271 times | Joined on Mar 2015 @ Germany
Originally Posted by chenliangchen View Post
I can confirm the problem is because of previously installed Android Notification. Performed hard reset (and even bricked the device lol) and it worked finally.
interesting which android apps are you testing?

i have also a hardreset device , but threema dont play any notifications and no led blinking when a new message arrives.

the only thing that the notifications came to homescreen.

can you write a tut how you install the Softwareupdates?

so i have done hardreset.

and activate developer mode
then i installed all Software Update
at last under 1.1.9.28
i installed my apps.
and do recovery my contacts an mail accounts from the sd card.

ricardo

Originally Posted by monkeyisland View Post
interesting which android apps are you testing?

i have also a hardreset device , but threema dont play any notifications and no led blinking when a new message arrives.

the only thing that the notifications came to homescreen.

can you write a tut how you install the Softwareupdates?

so i have done hardreset.

and activate developer mode
then i installed all Software Update
at last under 1.1.9.28
i installed my apps.
and do recovery my contacts an mail accounts from the sd card.

ricardo
Perhaps it's threema app's problem, it's process may not compatible with Alien Dalvik? I tested with Google play store and Wechat. Both working (Background, new message, Installing, Update etc.)

I did almost same as you, apart from not restoring any backups.

See this little trick.
Apparently SailfishOS now uses a whitelist for Android App Notifications:
https://together.jolla.com/question/...t=votes&page=1

Donate using Liberapay

For some reason, I only get Android notifications when I boot up the phone (or restart Lipstick). I'm only expecting notifications from Facebook Messenger, no other apps. But they don't arrive on time. Instead they pile up and I get them all at once at the next start.

I had Android Notifications by Coderus installed previously. I uninstalled it only after upgrading to 1.1.9.28.

Has anyone encountered this behaviour? Any idea how to fix it (except factory reset)?