Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Wow!

Awesome stuff, pycage!

This app is totally gooey!

I don't think I have yet to see a Diablo application run so nicely on the tablet such as think.

Looking forward to messing around with all of it's goodness.

Cheers buddy!

Awesome application, thank you.
I have a couple of questions here.
After installing MediaBox on my N900 I noticed UKMP on my device. Was that installed as part of MediaBox, or just coincidence? I removed UKMP, with no apparent ill-effects.
Are there any plans to port the FM-Radio plugin for the N800 to the N900, that would really be great?
Also, I would like to use MediaBox as the default player for gPodder, but it does not show in the player selection under the gPodder settigs.

The Following User Says Thank You to tho For This Useful Post:
Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
@Pycage Thank You for not forgetting about the rest of us poor sod's still running Maemo4!

[N800] Looks Awesome!

Couple of issues:

Radio Plugin: Installed with no issues... does not show up in MediaBox....?
----I have your stand alone radio app installed (love it) could this be interfereing?
----I seem to recall that the radio plugin before was a mini version of the S/A app. Any chance of updating the radio plugin to mimic the S/A version?

The video playback issue (Pixelation) I had a long time ago in an older version of MediaBox has been resolved nicely by being able to change the backend player...

Video: while using the osso....backend it seems that the video does not clear from the screen nicely*, ie if I switch from the windowed playback to: Shelf, previous menus/folders, etc, or minimize MediaBox the video window stays visible covering the center portion of the screen ( if you need it I can post a screen cap tomorrow when I get off work) .

*further observation: it takes 5+ seconds for the playback window to finally disappear.

Anyway Thanks again!

Snoshrk

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Last edited by Snoshrk; 2010-06-29 at 07:43. Reason: more info

Originally Posted by belanger View Post
It won't go fullscreen for me, and it dies when I go through the "Get Started" guide.
I found the problem. The file /etc/osso_software_version was missing, and that seemed to cause the problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to belanger For This Useful Post:
Posts: 384 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Romania
Why the avi files handeled by the default media player are not workink with this hot application?

great work.

great app. thanks.

i have a issue. when i am using the audio media player and if a phone comes in , i can receive it but when the phone goes off the media should resume from where it stopped. it does not.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Originally Posted by puiradu View Post
Why the avi files handeled by the default media player are not workink with this hot application?
Same here.

My avi movies, transcoded to 640x360 800 bit rate play like junk through this.

Using rapier along with this media player tends to crash it on several occasions (I have been using Ed's nQa audio player before), maybe I'm running low on internal memory. I've got about 25 megs left in free space on my N800.

Can't seem to get it full screen when playing music. I mean the screen is showing full, but not quite like the image of the way I guess it should be in the getting started walk through.

My battery died hard on me. I typed in top through Xterm and saw that mplayer was still running for some reason.

Playing .lrc files together with music works really nice.

It would be even better if those lyrics covered more of the screen besides the small window it's in, but I guess that's a silly request.

Overall, super nice!

Still checking out all of it's features and will probably grab all of the additional plug-ins for it as well.

I'm greatly happy with this, so many thanks again pycage!

More questions...

Cover Art: How does MediaBox handle/store/retrieve cover art? Different than Canola2?

I have several MP3s that have artwork in C2 but do not show in MB.

Also, is it supposed to show the cover art at the track level? If so, how do I go about enabling it?

Volume: Would it be possible to implement the same volume handling from your standalone radio app in mediabox?

ie, in the radio app with the system volume all the way up, I can still increase the volume significantly with the +/- keys.
(I am outputing the audio to a BoomBox via a tape adapter...archaic I know, but it's cheap and portable @work )

Thanks again

Snoshrk

Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Same here.

My avi movies, transcoded to 640x360 800 bit rate play like junk through this.
I changed the backend to the osso_media_can't remember the rest_ and it looks as good as Canola2

Sno

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Snoshrk For This Useful Post:

Tags
mediabox, pycage rules