Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
flash dont work with this, there is no setting to enable it
whats the point of this app when the n900 browser does have flash?

you can enable it...if you want and dare... I just did...read a few post up and you will find the answer.

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-02-01 at 21:23.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
you can enable it...if you want and dare... I just did...read a few post up and you will find the answer.
theres nothing in this thread explaining what to do, and theres nothing in ff setings to enable flash

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
theres nothing in this thread explaining what to do, and theres nothing in ff setings to enable flash
Read here: http://www.nokiaphoneblog.com/?p=2945
Now there is no reason to run the internal browser, at least not for me
(Also, Weave is a amazing add-on, if you use Firefox @ your computer)

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
The Firefox Mobile page has a link to the Release Notes whereas you can find a section named Known Issues and among those they state:

While a Web page is loading (the page info icon will display as a turning circle), interaction with the Web page such as panning and zooming has limited responsiveness

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
so we have to type:
about:config
into the browser to enable flash
how did i miss that one!

If you're goint to use flash in Fennec I would advise you to install the Adblock Plus addon, that way you block flash ads and will probably prevent Fennec from crashing altogether when you view a site with many ads.

Firefox=FAILED!

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Firefox=FAILED!
i don't agree...but your post = ******.

think ff have some nice features, and give em some time. it's always good to have alternatives. atleast I think so.

I think ff will be great in a few months time

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-02-01 at 21:59.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Firefox=FAILED!
No, I think its a great browser, the UI is a little bit slow but the single fact alone that it syncs with all my bookmarks & history from my home computer(and school laptop) more than weighs up for that.

I posted this response to fennec due in part because i love my n900. i'm just getting tired of all these unfinished products coming out. i love the native browser and will stick with it until firefox gives me a product complete. whats the use of being the first to have a product that is unusable and slow? for those of you who do like waiting for a page to load and not being able to scroll through it, you mind giving me the secret to ur love of the browser or am i taking crazy pills?

i was so excited when i heard we were the CHOSEN to use fennec now i feel like a CHOSEN beta tester...as it is we get enough crap from engadgetmobile wait till they try fennec.

Tags
application, browser, fennec, firefox, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, web browser