Notices

Originally Posted by Flandry View Post
export is a way of setting environment variables. What were you exporting? If you got this wrong it would definitely break the install. It may be it needed to be adapted to your own particular (nonstandard) installation.
Hmm I wish I would have written that down. I followed the format indicated in the installer... I think I had to export the path that I installed the program to, if I didn't use the default installer. I had a friend who seemed to know what he was doing help me on that part, which is why I am unclear!

Last edited by captainqtp; 2009-12-17 at 09:09. Reason: readability

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
I can't tell Citrix from Apple, but i have an interest in getting this working on N900 as well for a third party. It sounds like it may be something more involved than the export that needs to be figured out (assuming your friend really knew what he was doing ); however, i can't really do anything unless my N900 arrives over Christmas.

Thanks for trying and i will keep you informed if i make progress.

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

The Following User Says Thank You to Flandry For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by captainqtp View Post
So, that's where I am at for now. My work's vpn is IPSEC so I can't get access to our network that way (openvpn doesn't support ipsec right?) via vpn + vnc.
I don't know anything about Citrix Clients (although would love it woking on Maemo, since I could really use them), but I just connected to my work network through IPSEC using vpnc and vpnc-gui, it was really easy and worked really well.

I could use our Intranet with MicroB, no problem. I could see our CICS server using the recently compiled 3270 client a fellow poster just compiled (couldn't do anything with it due to keyboard issues, 'thoug). It's awesome

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Native ARM client:
This only works on OS2005, so it wont directly run on the N900. However, because it is a Debian app, you might be able to run it in EasyDebian or something like that on the tablet. May work, may not, but I would say this is a good bet...
Unless my memory is failing me, no OS2005 application will work in OS2006/2007/2008/Maemo5, because the executable format changed after OS2005.

Can we see the -Citrix ICA client- system on the n900
by a video View
And we want more information about it

Last edited by altmeme; 2010-01-26 at 05:30.

Citrix client doesn't work on N900. You'll need to use a PC with a client and use VNC from there to your phone.

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Originally Posted by captainqtp View Post
8) It tells you to run the export command for something or other... I'm not really clear yet on what that command does... someone help? I think I did it right... but I'm not really sure what it is for lol.
Export is a command to the shell that is processing your typing, starting programs in response, etc. You're telling the shell to share (export) a definition of a variable to child processes that the shell starts up. Unless you export a variable, it's local (effective) only for the shell and not its child processes.

In an xterm, try these commands in sequence:
set
foo=bar
food=beer
set
set | grep foo
env | grep foo
export food
env | grep foo

env is the child process in this example.

To type the pipe character on the N900 you'll need to access the symbols characters.

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 91 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ London/M4 Corridor
Thinking about this a bit more, aren't a lot of Citrix servers configured to accept RDP as a secondary protocol? There are reasons to prefer ICA, but if RDP connections are accepted from your desktop, rdesktop running on the N900 should work.

Hi Robert,

Have you got any luck with citrix client on n900?

BugHunter

Thread Citrix client: missing libXaw.so.7 with three posts has been merged here.

Tags
application, citrix, citrix client, client, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, request