Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 654 | Thanked: 664 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Andre Klapper View Post
Compared to http://talk.maemo.org/attachment.php...1&d=1243450888 the toolbar items look exactly the same.
Thanks a lot! Then I´ll try to find someone who could create some black & white icons for the toolbar

Posts: 631 | Thanked: 1,123 times | Joined on Sep 2005 @ Helsinki
Conboy is definitely looking very cool, great work with it! I'm impressed with the portrait / landscape rotation, it works like a charm. If there are insights that will then help other developers to do the same, it would be great if you can help in sharing them (in the wikis etc.).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ragnar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
Conboy is definitely looking very cool, great work with it! I'm impressed with the portrait / landscape rotation, it works like a charm. If there are insights that will then help other developers to do the same, it would be great if you can help in sharing them (in the wikis etc.).
Thanks! I´m very glad it looks good on the N900. Everything I learned about developing for Fremantle is already covered by a wiki page. Including portrait/landscape rotation
http://wiki.maemo.org/Using_Fremantle_Widgets

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,605 | Thanked: 1,601 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Southern California
Originally Posted by conny View Post
Thanks a lot! Then I´ll try to find someone who could create some black & white icons for the toolbar
If you can list these for me (and the size you need), I can do them on my flight from here to Germany tonight.

Tim

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by timsamoff View Post
If you can list these for me (and the size you need), I can do them on my flight from here to Germany tonight.
That would be übercool You can see the current icons here. They are GTK stock icons, but I think it would be nice to have them look more like those icons which Nokia is using in e.g. Modest or Browser.

The icons are from left to right:
  • Decrease indent
  • Increase indent
  • Create link
  • Select text style
  • Search in note
  • Delete note
  • Open note (open window that lets you open and search notes)

About the icon size: I just search for about 15 minutes but didn´t find the answer yet. I also have no access to the SDK at the moment... I´ll check and let you know as soon as I find out.

Another thing is that the new HIG suggests that we use stock icons - but at least the GTK stock icons are not that nice. Are there other stock icons somewhere?

Another thing is that the new HIG suggests that we use stock icons - but at least the GTK stock icons are not that nice. Are there other stock icons somewhere?
Good question. The stock icons may actually look much better on the device than in the SDK, so this is hard to know. Hmmm... And, some icons that you need may not be available from the stock depot.

If you find anything out, please let me know!

Tim

The nice people on the mailing list helped me out. The icon size needs to be 48x48 pixels.
I´ll check the stock icons later, but I remember from Diablo that they didn´t cover everything I needed.

How many hours do I have to inform you? I mean before your flight is on?

How many hours do I have to inform you? I mean before your flight is on?
I'll be leaving in approximately 6 hours.

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:
I found icons for 'delete', 'search in note' and maybe 'open note' (the folder).

At some point the icons for 'add' (the plus) and 'full screen' might come in handy too.

So the missing ones would be:
  • Decrease indent
  • Increase indent
  • Link to other note
  • Select font style

It would be really great if you would come up with something. But please don't feel pressured and don't forget to enjoy your trip. Ah and when you're in "Stugi" make sure to eat some "Zwiebelrostbraten mit Spätzle" or (if you don't eat meat) try some "Käsespätzle". Both is absolutely delicious
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to conny For This Useful Post:
I found icons for 'delete', 'search in note' and maybe 'open note' (the folder).

At some point the icons for 'add' (the plus) and 'full screen' might come in handy too.

So the missing ones would be:
  • Decrease indent
  • Increase indent
  • Link to other note
  • Select font style

It would be really great if you would come up with something. But please don't feel pressured and don't forget to enjoy your trip. Ah and when you're in "Stugi" make sure to eat some "Zwiebelrostbraten mit Spätzle" or (if you don't eat meat) try some "Käsespätzle". Both is absolutely delicious
Will do on my trip! And, thanks for the suggestions! (I would go for the meatless fare.)

Tim

The Following User Says Thank You to timsamoff For This Useful Post:

Tags
application, conboy, fremantle, fremantle star, maemo 5, note, text, tomboy