Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 1,684 | Thanked: 1,562 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Austin, TX
For those of us shunning fancy note taking apps for the Palm like simplicity of something like QuickNote, I got permission to add some features and make some releases. So please blame me and not the author if something has broken recently

Features
  • Interface zooming
  • Word wrap
  • Persisting of the above settings.
  • Moved things around to try and be a bit more finger friendly

See
Attached Images

Last edited by epage; 2010-10-05 at 00:02.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
I just promoted 0.7.8-7 to Diablo Extras and Fremantle Extras-testing

If you have an n900, please vote on it.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Seems to work very well on Diablo. More finger friendly and the zoom works well.
One 'request': Would it be possible to have the date-stamp format pull from your tablet settings?
I'm getting European date-format and 24hr time.

Also: Maybe an icon update?

Fantastic little note taking application btw.
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Originally Posted by silvermountain View Post
Seems to work very well on Diablo. More finger friendly and the zoom works well.
One 'request': Would it be possible to have the date-stamp format pull from your tablet settings?
I'm getting European date-format and 24hr time.

Also: Maybe an icon update?

Fantastic little note taking application btw.
Yeah, I'd love to have an icon update, I'm just not an artist.

And feel free to file a bug report on the file-format issue.

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
How does one get Spell Checking to work? I installed 0.7.8-7.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by epage View Post
For those of us shunning fancy note taking apps for the Palm-like simplicity of something like QuickNote, I got permission to add some features and make some releases. So please blame me and not the author if something has broken recently
I hope this means you're also willing to take credit. Thanks! Adding word-wrap was by itself sufficient to make an unusable app into a worthwhile one.

A couple suggestions ...

Highlighting searched-for character-strings in the results would be very helpful.

I'd eliminate "New Note" in the left pane since the Add button takes care of its function.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Is there a way to create and assign a Category? Or is the category-selection tool at this point a throwback from the future, a tool for selecting an element of the program that hasn't been developed yet?

Originally Posted by fragos View Post
How does one get Spell Checking to work? I installed 0.7.8-7.
Spell checking is actually only for desktop Linux. Its not available for Maemo. I filed a bug to clarify documentation.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Highlighting searched-for character-strings in the results would be very helpful.

I'd eliminate "New Note" in the left pane since the Add button takes care of its function.
Please file enhancement requests on these. Yeah, I know, I filed something for someone else just above, but I try and avoid that.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
Is there a way to create and assign a Category? Or is the category-selection tool at this point a throwback from the future, a tool for selecting an element of the program that hasn't been developed yet?
Its annoying to get to work but if you edit the category name and then create a note it will keep that as a category. Feel free to file a bug on improving this.

The Following User Says Thank You to epage For This Useful Post:
Help..

I'm using 0.7.8 and today when opening up quicknote all my notes are gone. I used the previous version quite a bit and even a few notes in the new version and never had a problem with the old version...now there are no notes.

I've had some re-boots but no re-flash.

Any way to get my notes back - and if there is anything in this new version that makes it unstable, is there any way to get the old version?

Sorry, can't help you there Tintin. Would anyone here know whether it's possible to assign multiple categories to one note?

Tags
application, epage, maemo, note, quicknote, text