Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
Good luck to him but I'm very sceptical about their product.

When I leave a device charging overnight and I unplug it in the morning, I like that it's fully charged and ready for the day. I wouldn't want to use a charger that switches itself off meaning that my device may have discharged maybe between 5%-10% when I want it to be at full capacity for the day ahead of me. The excess power used by trickle charging costs peanuts and gives me extra assurance should I need to use the device heavily that day.

I'll give them credit for at least trying to do something to tackle the world's energy problems, but to be honest, there are far more interesting projects in that area than this one.

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by ssahla View Post
Marc Dillon Takes CEO Role At Smarter Mobile Charger Startup, Asmo

http://techcrunch.com/2016/02/04/mar...asmo/?ncid=rss
Wait, Asmo has/needs a CEO ? I just thought its a single guy in a garage who is making the chargers/ordering their production.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Wait, Asmo has/needs a CEO ? I just thought its a single guy in a garage who is making the chargers/ordering their production.
Small 2/3 man teams like to have someone listed as 'CEO' as it looks good on your resume for other *actual* CEO roles in the future.

Plus the first rule of small tech business is to appear bigger than you actually are.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to r0kk3rz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 1,460 times | Joined on May 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by r0kk3rz View Post
Small 2/3 man teams like to have someone listed as 'CEO' as it looks good on your resume for other *actual* CEO roles in the future.

Plus the first rule of small tech business is to appear bigger than you actually are.
It is pretentious though. Along with calling yourself a CEO in a country that traditionally has a difficult company structure, just to make yourselves sound cool and american. It's hard to trust companies like that.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to billranton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by MartinK View Post
Years ago, having been stuck in the same job for 10 years, I asked for a transfer to a new team that the company just thought of starting. During the interview, the Head Manager told me sorry, you can't transfer to that team, the team does not exist yet. It does not even have a manager!

So there. A manager defines a team. You can have a manager without a team but you can't have a team without a manager. A CEO is the same thing in a different shade of blue.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Anyone dared to order a Marc Dillon charger? Will be intresting to see if they can deliver this time. Apparently they teamed up with Lastu. ASMO has partnered with Lastu too, a Finnish company that makes wooden covers for phones.

If jolla refunded lastu for the tablet scam it Could be something that could be shipped with next jPhone. Looks pretty cool.

http://nordic.businessinsider.com/th...-built-2016-11

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2016-11-17 at 22:00.

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to coderus For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by coderus View Post
did you missed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Top65p4nyZY ?
That looked like a complete setup still good to see stuff be shipped to backers indeed. no wooden chargers...

Do you know if Lastu and Jolla are friends again?

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Administrator | Posts: 1,036 | Thanked: 2,019 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Germany
Good counter coderus - appreciated!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chemist For This Useful Post:
One, two, three... people powered!!

The Following User Says Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post: