Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Xperia Z3 black unlocked with original box + accessories + official wireless charging cover. The phone is under warranty and full working. Some marks on the back glass if you look very closely but nothing on the front as far as I can tell.

Reasons for sale:

1: Unlocking bootloader will permanently lose DRM keys for low light photography. There is no way to back up there unless get rooted. So currently I can't root the device unless I lose these DRM keys. Non-root = useless to me.

2: Disappointed camera quality. It's 20MP sensor is OK but far from what I expect, worse than Nokia's 20MP and far from 808.

Started on ebay for £249. If the final bidder is TMO member I'll include a brand new unopened Sony wireless charging plate. :P

Ebay list.
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Just FYI, there is now a way to fix the first problem you are facing: http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...s-drm-t2930672

As a user of a Z2 I too frequently get tired of having to do workarounds...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Just FYI, there is now a way to fix the first problem you are facing: http://forum.xda-developers.com/cros...s-drm-t2930672

As a user of a Z2 I too frequently get tired of having to do workarounds...
I didn't know there is already a way to backup DRM, they should link it to Z3 forum lol. Thank you for the info! I'll still put it on sale.

The Following User Says Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Just a quick question, what are you replacing the SONY Z3 with?

NOTE 4 or iPhone 6+ ??
Nexus 6 ??
iPhone 5S ??

I'm flattered

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Just a quick question, what are you replacing the SONY Z3 with?

NOTE 4 or iPhone 6+ ??
Nexus 6 ??
iPhone 5S ??
I replaced it with Panasonic Lumix DMC-CM1. I'm using BlackBerry Passport as primary phone and Z3 was my secondary to take pics and use some apps which doesn't work on BB10. The CM1 does a much better job in this case. (But I'm now in troubles for rooting again.) 4.4.4 KitKat limited user permission to write to SD Card, I have to get it rooted.

Nexus 6 is nice! I would love to have one! Not a big fan of iDevice though.

Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
Very interested in that Panasonic phone - can you tell us how it stacks up against the 808?

The Following User Says Thank You to NokiaFanatic For This Useful Post:
Interesting. What are your thoughts on the CM1 ?

I try to follow camera optics closely, especially on "superphones".
I'd have to rate the cameras as such (ordered in terms of most to least important test):

Normal shots (well lit, non-moving, medium-close range)
Nokia 808 = 9/10
Lumia 1020 = 8.5/10
iPhone 6 Plus = 8/10
Samsung K1 Zoom = 8/10
NOTE 4 = 7.5/10
SONY Z3 = 7.5/10

Quick shots (well lit, fast moving, medium range)
iPhone 6+ = 9/10
Lumia 1020 = 8.5/10
NOTE 4 = 8.5/10
SONY Z3 = 8/10
Nokia 808 = 7.5/10
Samsung K1 = 7/10

Low light (low lit, non-moving, close range)
Lumia 1020 = 9/10
Nokia 808 = 8.5/10
iPhone 6+ = 8/10
Samsung K1 = 8/10
NOTE 4 = 8/10
SONY Z3 = 7.5/10

Macro shots (well lit, non-moving, super close range)
iPhone 6+ = 9/10
NOTE 4 = 8/10
Lumia 1020 = 8/10
Samsung K1 = 7.5/10
SONY Z3 = 7/10
Nokia 808 = 6/10

Zoom shots (well lit, non-moving, long range)
Samsung K1 = 9/10
Lumia 1020 = 9/10
iPhone 6+ = 8.5/10
Nokia 808 = 8/10
NOTE 4 = 8/10
SONY Z3 = 7/10

Conclusion?
Nokia 808... one of the best, but its easily the worst phone, and not worth the trade-off. Skip this option, its a no-brainer
Samsung K1 Zoom... pretty decent shooter, but there are better camera-phones and they aren't nearly as large. Skip it.
SONY Z3.... arguably the worst camera but best phone contender in this showdown. Still a great camera "for a phone". Worth thinking about.
NOTE 4.... same deal as the Z3, but its slightly a worse phone with a better camera. Again, worth thinking about.

Lumia 1020... the overall best camera in this showdown. And much smaller than a dedicated point n shoot. However it suffers from a weaker ecosystem, and older/slower technology. Its sluggishly slow at launching the camera application, and quite slow at focusing and capturing a shot. It also lacks some options like 4K or slow motion recording.
iPhone 6 Plus... overall its the third best camera in this showdown. Its arguably one of the best phones. On top of this, it has one of the quickest camera app launch and shooting time performances. It also boasts longer battery life than the Lumia 1020, Nokia 808 or K1 Zoom while performing as a cameraphone. Overall, this is the best camera phone out there... very narrowly besting the 1020 due to its crippling faults.

Its phenomenal to see the quality of shots taken by the 6+ considering the thinness of the device and the size of the lens. It takes consistent shots, its speedy, and overall a great camera. The SONY Z3 does perform similarly but it lacks OIS, a good flash and does more post-processing... which add up to make a more average shot.

PS The LG G3 is also one of the best out there, and performs somewhere between the Nokia 808 and the SONY Z3. However, I haven't tested it out thoroughly and haven't made a comparison to these models yet. Its recommendation would be similar to the SONY Z3 or NOTE 4, but probably with more reservations due to a slightly stronger post-processing and underwhelming battery life. The Microsoft 1520 wasn't included because there's already enough Nokias here. In terms of performance, its quite close to the NOTE 4, which makes it a device not worth recommending over the Z3 or the N4 due to obvious reasons.

I'm flattered

The Following User Says Thank You to Kangal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
Very interested in that Panasonic phone - can you tell us how it stacks up against the 808?
Image quality is similar to 808 (on auto), but much bulkier. Camera launch speed, photo process time is much quicker. OS is modern although I still prefer old Symbian to Android. Overall a better "phone" than 808 and similar camera quality. There is a very nice comparison here.

Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
Interesting. What are your thoughts on the CM1 ?
Interesting comparison. I personally prefer 808 to the 1020. I don't like OIS on 1020, it easily makes photos too bright and unreal, also it has more green/yellow colour. And on the mobile phone side, WP is pain to use, Symbian doesn't have a lot apps but generally better to use. Plus removable battery, sd card support, ND filter and fm trasmitter makes it the overall winner to me. I bought 2 808s.

Disagree on your close up comparison: On 808/1020 because there is a minimum focus length, you need to switch to pureview mode (8MP/5MP) and zoom in to take close ups. They won't be worse than iPhone 6+. (iPhone 6+ is very good on close up indeed.)

For overall image quality I feel 808=CM1>1020>iPhone6+>Z3.

CM1 has a lot of manual settings which I still not familiar with. And I haven't used RAW output yet.

After using the CM1 I was surprised how good 808 is - Tiny size, weak chip, powerful camera.

Tags
selling xperia, xperia z3