Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Hello, for various reasons, I would like to compile rtmpdump V2.4 for
the N900. I am fairly tech-savvy but my computing skills are very old (ex-mainframe sysprog) Obviously, I have the source code and libraries. I believe I have to install Scratchbox and Maemo_5_SDK
(on my Linux pc).

Would anyone here kindly be prepared to guide an "old fart" through the complete process please?

I am aware that V1.9 is available from the repos.

Last edited by macey; 2012-10-02 at 12:25.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Nice guide to installing Scratchbox and SDK: http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu..._for_beginners

My website

GitHub

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Compiling on device might be faster. You can get gcc 4.2 (build-essentials on sdk repo), 4.4 from tannerlab repo or 4.6 (or is it 4.7 now) from Aapo on devel. Attached is latest git version
Attached Files
File Type: gz rtmpdump.tar.gz (107.4 KB, 101 views)

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 276 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ uk or @Pai,Mae Hong Son, Thailand
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
Attached is latest git version
Thanks for that. Can you tell me how to install the shared libraries please?

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
You can either place librtm* in /usr/lib or keep it in the same directory as executable and run 'export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=.' before starting rtmpdump.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to szopin For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by szopin View Post
....You can get gcc 4.2 (build-essentials on sdk repo), 4.4 from tannerlab repo or 4.6 (or is it 4.7 now) from Aapo on devel. Attached is latest git version
Hello again, can I ask you to clarify the repo's for build-essentials please?
Thanks again.

Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
Quick reply...
Since I don't know answer to the question, and wish to call for somebody who is better acquainted with SDK repository: bump.
I have used rtmpdump several times before, but I don't understand it at all. Maybe, later there will be time to read about RTMP streams.
Best wishes.

The Following User Says Thank You to macey For This Useful Post:
I compiled 2.3.1.(optifed deb)
Attached Files
File Type: deb rtmpdump_2.3-1_armel.deb (290.7 KB, 124 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to n900_ For This Useful Post:
This is the first time I've attempted to package anything for Maemo and the first time I've had to create the required rules/control files etc. All my previous experience with Debian was in recompiling existing packages which didn't require much editing.

I have attempted to package the current Wheezy version, keeping the split packages for rtmpdump, librtmp0 and librtmp-dev. I have excluded the Makefile patch for now, not really sure what difference it makes. Stock version cd's into directory then runs make, patched supplies directory to make -C.

Package is not optified yet or signed.

As this is my first, wip, package I will not provide a deb in case there is something wrong with it. Feedback from more experienced users would be greatly apprectiated.

Once tested, I'm gonna update get_iplayer and then work on a UI if I get time.

Edit: removed attachments as they were outdated.

Last edited by Android_808; 2013-05-03 at 20:16.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:

Tags
compiling, help please.