Active Topics

Poll: Do you like EasyList?
Poll Options
Do you like EasyList?

Posts: 590 | Thanked: 475 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ New York City
Just wanted to say thank you for this enormously helpful app. I was in The Home Depot at the weekend, cheerfully checking off my long "Easy List" as I hunted around the aisles. Great work!

The Following User Says Thank You to AndyNokia232 For This Useful Post:
Just wanted to add my thanks for this great application. It's one of the most used on my phone (after maybe the browser and the terminal)

I would like to add that I'm interested on running my own sync server as well... If you'd like to release it I'd be happy to test it and post my findings

The Following User Says Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 239 | Thanked: 194 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Amsterdam
Originally Posted by icebox View Post
Just wanted to add my thanks for this great application. It's one of the most used on my phone (after maybe the browser and the terminal)

I would like to add that I'm interested on running my own sync server as well... If you'd like to release it I'd be happy to test it and post my findings
I'm glad to hear you find EasyList to your liking. As for your own sync server. The protocol is now just plain text. So nothing special at all.
So there is nothing to it.
There is one thing you need to know. The getList.php accepts two URI variables: username and password.
So under the hood, EasyList calls:
Code:
getList.php?username=<username>&password=<md5 hash of your password>
Then the returned data is just the list text. EasyList automatically saves it under the SyncList listname.

Hope this is enough information for you.

Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
Willem,

When I use easylist for shopping, I usually have to unlock the screen when I arrive at the article and want to see the next article to shop for (I have a timeout of 30 seconds). If easylist had the option "keep backlight on" in the settings, I would definitely activate that option.

Any change you could add such an option?

The Following User Says Thank You to ade For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ade View Post
Willem,

When I use easylist for shopping, I usually have to unlock the screen when I arrive at the article and want to see the next article to shop for (I have a timeout of 30 seconds). If easylist had the option "keep backlight on" in the settings, I would definitely activate that option.

Any change you could add such an option?
That's a very good suggestion. Although I have 2 problems I can't solve at this time:
1) I don't have any knowledge on how to implement that.
2) I don't have any spare time left in the foreseeable future...

If there is anyone out there who wants to take my code and implement it then they are very welcome ofcourse.

I've been using all the spare time I had to develop the MeeGo variant of EasyList. And in the coming months I'll be too busy with work that I don't see any chance in developing in my own time anymore.

I'm sad to say that for the time being I'll be unable to contribute anymore

Ad 1)
It is basically the command
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_display_blanking_pause
that has to be executed every x seconds when "keep backlight on" is turned on.

If you look at the source of for example qflipclock (standalone) you can find an example of how it is implemented in QT/C++

Ad 2)
Can't help you with that

I myself miss the experience in coding QT/C++ (only some experience in PyQT) to easily adapt it.

But of course I respect how you spend your sparse free time...

Ad 1)
It is basically the command
Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_display_blanking_pause
that has to be executed every x seconds when "keep backlight on" is turned on.

If you look at the source of for example qflipclock (standalone) you can find an example of how it is implemented in QT/C++

Ad 2)
Can't help you with that

I myself miss the experience in coding QT/C++ (only some experience in PyQT) to easily adapt it.

But of course I respect how you spend your sparse free time...
Thanks! That's a really useful post. I'll try to pick that up as soon as I can.

Willem,

Decided to have a look at the code, so I got it from git://gitorious.org/easylist/easylist.git.
Despite some recent commits, the code looks rather outdated. Compiling the code indeed results in an older version.
Can you confirm and maybe correct this?

Willem,

Decided to have a look at the code, so I got it from git://gitorious.org/easylist/easylist.git.
Despite some recent commits, the code looks rather outdated. Compiling the code indeed results in an older version.
Can you confirm and maybe correct this?
Hi Ade,

It seems I've forgotton to push the latest version to the repositories. But I've now updated the gitorious and maemo garage repos.

Regards,

Willem Liu

Willem,
I did a new git clone, but I still miss a lot of menu items, like Lists, Sort A-Z etc (I only get rotate, about en Checked Bottom). I git clone must give me the most recent files, right?

Tags
shoppinglist