Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on May 2009 @ Tacoma Washington
Am a "Newbie" to Maemo.Org also and simply need to ask occasionnal question...am not interested in TechnoSpeak..just want my tablet to work as well as it was advertised..et si le mec a Paris veut ecrire en Francais, je suis d'accorde...les utilisateurs Americain connait pas comment parlez sans etre dans une autre monde avec leur tete dans les nuages de "Ethernet" !!!

Andre

Hi,

Try to first see if any of your questions are answered at the wiki: http://wiki.maemo.org

If you have any additional questions, try posting a new "thread" here at Talk. To do this, go to the forum homepage then navigate to the correct category (called forum) that your question pertains to. Then click "New Thread" (or something similar).

Concerning USBControl, I believe that the maintainer is working on it, and all problems should be resolved soon.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following User Says Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
By the way, forum lingo:

A post is a single reply, like what I'm doing right now (and what you've done twice).

A thread is a series of posts concerning a single topic.

A Forum is multiple threads concerning a more general topic.

And the Forums usually refers to the whole website and all the individual fora.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BrentDC For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,028 | Thanked: 578 times | Joined on Mar 2009 @ Chicago
Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
By the way, forum lingo:

A post is a single reply, like what I'm doing right now (and what you've done twice).

A thread is a series of posts concerning a single topic.

A Forum is multiple threads concerning a more general topic.

And the Forums usually refers to the whole website and all the individual fora.
Brent's a true gentleman and a scholar.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JayOnThaBeat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 9 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Cozad, NE
New member, saying Hello as ordered!

Can I be a member if I don't have my 810 yet? UPS-Man is bringing it tomorrow!!! Yay!

Got a Hava TV Streamer first, does anyone else have one? Then read about using it with an 810.....

Love my Hava, and I think I'm gonna love my 810, too!!!

Might also like to go geocaching with it, does anyone do that?

Thanks, all!

Mike

The Following User Says Thank You to MMarshall For This Useful Post:
Posts: 258 | Thanked: 176 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Paris France
StrykerMan2009

Hi guy, I read your message and will try to double post my answer both in French and English, however, you will need to be able to read English to use this forum.

Salut mec, j'ai lu ton message et vais tenter de poster en français et en anglais, ceci dit, il va falloir que tu puisse lire l'anglais pour utiliser ce forum.

First note :
You seem unfamiliar with technology, Internet, advanced computer stuff ... well, frankly, maybe the NIT is not for you ... I think an iPod touch may have been easier to use (but more limited).
If you know Google, search about internet forums, and learn what it is and how it works, it will help you for the future.
And then : be patient, it seems you have a long way ahead before you will be happy with your tablet.

Première remarque :
Tu n'as pas l'air très habitué à la technologie, Internet, les trucs informatiques un peu compliqués ... Je pense qu'un iPod touch aurait été plus facile à utiliser (mais plus limité)

Si tu sais utiliser Google, commence par chercher ce qu'est un forum internet et comment ça marche, ça t'aidera pour la suite
Ensuite, arme-toi de patience, à mon avis, tu as un long chemin à faire avant d'être satisfait par ta tablette

The most important question is :
What do you want to do with your tablet ?
And then we may answer you what is really, and what is not.

La question la plus importante est :
Que veux-tu faire de ta tablette ?
Alors on pourra te dire ce qui est vraiment possible et ce qui ne l'est pas.

Second note :
I would like to add that your comment about you just wanting your tablet work as advertised ... is not very appropriate.
The tablet is advertised as an Internet device and it do it very well out of the box. however, if you are not familiar with wifi networking, it's not Nokia's fault.
But we will be eager to help you, if we can.

Seconde remarque :
Je voudrais ajouter que ton commentaire à propos du fait que tu veux juste que ta tablette fonctionne comme promis par le constructeur ... n'est pas très approprié.
La tablette est présentée comme un appareil Internet et elle fait ça très bien dès la sortie de carton, si tu n'es pas habitué aux réseaux WIFI, ça n'est pas la faute de Nokia.
Mais on sera ravi de t'aider, dans la mesure du possible.

Last edited by totololo; 2009-06-03 at 06:30.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to totololo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Netherlands
Hi,

Finaly a small linux in my handpalm.. thanks for building that N810 ;-) And thanks for lowering the price tag..
yeah I know im 2 years late..but still that N810 is great...

Currently porting newlisp (www.newlisp.org), yes finaly a new scripting language on the N810, which already worked on the scratchbox. Sofar all x-compiling went very smooth, too smooth actualy..

Im a linux user since day 1 back in 1992 (that long?) and want something that enables coding reading listening from my pocket
..Missing the Phone options in the N810? Aaahhh hell no...

...Happy hacking...

The Following User Says Thank You to maedep For This Useful Post:
Hahaha, welcome Maedep !
And good work !

The Following User Says Thank You to totololo For This Useful Post:
Hey fella... is there an application that can run ms office for maemo

Welcome !

Please take a look at the right section of this forum : software/applications.
You will find all the informations.

And you're welcome to read the section for the newbies, you will learn many many usefull things without asking the same questions that were answered many times before

Enjoy your tablet !

The Following User Says Thank You to totololo For This Useful Post:

Tags
bada boom, bada rox, hotelcalifornia, new users, newbie, newmo!, w2tmo, welcome to maemo.org