Active Topics

Notices

I need help as well...got a new N900 for my wife today (mine is working like a charm) ...I updated right away and now i'm trying to download some apps....but...FM radio player, recorder and fmms said unable to install missing python2.5-minimal....what should I do??..Got a lovely wife here pushing hehehe

Hi im kinda new to all this but need some help with my N900. since i bought it ive been having MAJOR troubles with the app manager. when i go into the download section of app manager it comes up in brackets (no applications available), ive tryed changing the catalouges but it doesnt seem to work. next when i go into update, it starts to check but randomly stops and stays on the checking for updates loader until you say stop and nothing happens. Lastly when i try to go to the ovi store it tells me i need to update my phone and install Maemo 5, which i have done, i have the latest updates and when i go into uninstall apps it says i have maemo 5 installed anyway. any solutions?

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i cant install canola2, and cant seem to find a solution that works
libeina0 conflict issues
and i cant remove libeina0 cos xterm says its not installed!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by leetut View Post
i cant install canola2, and cant seem to find a solution that works
libeina0 conflict issues
and i cant remove libeina0 cos xterm says its not installed!
Do you have enna installed? If so, the libeina-svn-05 installed with that will conflict with the libeina0 required for canola.

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
I reflashed my N900 and now I can't install some apps which I have on the mobile before.. somebody know what I can do for install it again ??

Posts: 195 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by PipoXtreme View Post
I reflashed my N900 and now I can't install some apps which I have on the mobile before.. somebody know what I can do for install it again ??
Maybe 50 % of the apps I can`t reinstall ...
Please help !!!!

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by PipoXtreme View Post
Maybe 50 % of the apps I can`t reinstall ...
Please help !!!!
What error(s) do you get?

hi guys! First of all you a guys are so helpful, i fixed some of the problems by reading your solutions. Now i have a same problem as MattN. I cant seem to get any apps or update them. All the catalogues are "failed to refresh". This happened after i got the pr1.2 update by NSU. Help from you guys would be appericiated. Thanks

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
There's more in there than "failed to refresh". What's the error message? It's there for a reason.

Until we have an answer, try to use MicroB and access the link in the repo, see if it responds. Verify that you have fremantle-1.2 in dist (grep the wiki for modifications to repos, and the forum for the list of changes to repositories).

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

mine says 'app already installed when try to install extra decoder 0.4