hi guys,

i dont know how many times this questions has been asked in this community, but i want help guys with my nokia n9, couple of months ago i changed the battery of my n9 and after that the double tap or power button stopped working, the strange thing is screen works fine power button works fine to lock but wont unlock the device and the same power power button works to on/off the device, once the device is on it freezes, wont be possible to use the device i tried all i flashed my device, anyone can help me !!!! thanks in advance...

Last edited by Venusingri; 2017-09-14 at 20:11.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venusingri For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
Are you running stock device or openmode?
any tweaks/mods installed?

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 146 times | Joined on Sep 2013 @ Norway
Tips. Check the alignment of the proximity sensor.

The Following User Says Thank You to PamNor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by juiceme View Post
Are you running stock device or openmode?
any tweaks/mods installed?
Nope running stock, no tweaks

Originally Posted by PamNor View Post
Please give me the instructions, ill check

Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
Originally Posted by PamNor View Post
Yeah, it sounds like your proximity sensor either got unplugged or misaligned. If the sensor is telling the phone it is in your pocket, neither tap-to-wake nor the power button would work.

If you replaced the battery, I'm sure you know what you are doing, but this video will show you what you need to be able to check the proximity sensor.

The Following User Says Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by imaginaryenemy View Post
Yeah, it sounds like your proximity sensor either got unplugged or misaligned. If the sensor is telling the phone it is in your pocket, neither tap-to-wake nor the power button would work.

If you replaced the battery, I'm sure you know what you are doing, but this video will show you what you need to be able to check the proximity sensor.
I actually followed the same video to replace the battery, I saw it again in case I missed anything, I connected the proximity sensor cable as in the video, After I connected the sensor cable the device freezes once the device is on.

I had an issue with one of my N9s a week ago.
Tried to unlock it with double tap, upward swipe and power button, but nothing.
It was displaying the Meecast Weather screensaver and time, as usual but I just couldn't get a response from the screen. My 16GB N9 was working fine.
So I plugged it into my PC and set "Diagnostic Mode". I didn't have to touch anything or type anything in, it just unlocked the phone, lit up the screen and since then it's been fine.
But due to the fact Venusingri has dismantled his N9 to replace the battery his problem could be hardware related......probably dislodged something or put something back wrong during the operation.

The Following User Says Thank You to stickymick For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
I had an issue with one of my N9s a week ago.
Tried to unlock it with double tap, upward swipe and power button, but nothing.
It was displaying the Meecast Weather screensaver and time, as usual but I just couldn't get a response from the screen. My 16GB N9 was working fine.
So I plugged it into my PC and set "Diagnostic Mode". I didn't have to touch anything or type anything in, it just unlocked the phone, lit up the screen and since then it's been fine.
But due to the fact Venusingri has dismantled his N9 to replace the battery his problem could be hardware related......probably dislodged something or put something back wrong during the operation.
I actually checked over and over again but still the same problem. If I unplug the sensor cable the device works fine but device will lock but won't unlock and if plug in the sensor cable the device will freeze the movement the device is on.

guys any help with my n9 ?