Notices

Posts: 752 | Thanked: 2,808 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by KTy View Post
How to scan for my already installed programs and make them "repo enabled"... As said earlier, just enabling one takes forever,... :P
That would be crazy One could just make a dummy app called 'opera' on their repo and then replace bunch of system stuff with malware through related updates to anyone who has both 'Warehouse' and 'Opera' installed...

Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by KTy View Post
How to scan for my already installed programs and make them "repo enabled"... As said earlier, just enabling one takes forever,... :P
As said, there is no way to automatically scan and enable application specific repos.

Just browse openrepos and check for updates

If you are on sailfishos and had some repos enabled before system update, you can try to execute mass enable, check this tjc post, first answer for disable and re-enable repos.
If you are on harmattan, long enabling time probably means that you have some obsolete or offline repositories enabled(harmattan-dev, apps4meego etc).

Last edited by Custodian; 2014-04-15 at 18:18.

Posts: 172 | Thanked: 170 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sweden
One problem I have with the OpenRepos way is that OpenRepos is turning into more of a base repository for me than something like Ubuntu PPA. Ubuntu PPA is intended to give you the bleeding edge of some specifically chosen packages, applications that you probably already have installed (in older versions) from the base Ubuntu distro. On Sailfish, since the Jolla Store is so meagre, OpenRepos becomes the main repository. But it seems to me that the "one repo per app" doesn't really suit that scenario as well as it does the "give me the latest for one or two specific packages"-scenario

Posts: 548 | Thanked: 562 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Germany
I am unable to update any app on my Jolla because the openrepos client says that a repo is down since yesterday.
How can I check which repo it is and how is it generally possible to safely update my system packages via terminal like it was done on N9 with 'apt-get update/upgrade'?

Originally Posted by willi6868 View Post
I am unable to update any app on my Jolla because the openrepos client says that a repo is down since yesterday.
How can I check which repo it is and how is it generally possible to safely update my system packages via terminal like it was done on N9 with 'apt-get update/upgrade'?
Warehouse shows error with details: error message, and repository url/path. for example: shows that repository does not exists: and url points to custom vgrade repository at merproject obs.
Console command to perform metainfo udpate is 'pkcon refresh', and to update all packages - 'pkcon update'

The Following User Says Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Custodian View Post
Warehouse shows error with details: error message, and repository url/path. for example: shows that repository does not exists: and url points to custom vgrade repository at merproject obs.
Thanks. But I don't know why this error occurs:

'Error occured
Transaction /2699_ddbbeaaa
Extra details:
Cannot write file 'var/tmp/AP_0x3QTwbk/repodata/repomd.xml'.'

Thanks. But I don't know why this error occurs:

'Error occured
Transaction /2699_ddbbeaaa
Extra details:
Cannot write file 'var/tmp/AP_0x3QTwbk/repodata/repomd.xml'.'
Do you have any free space available on device?

Do you have any free space available on device?
Yes. (10chars)

Yes. (10chars)
try to run 'pkcon refresh' from console, more info will be shown probably

try to run 'pkcon refresh' from console, more info will be shown probably
Already did it but it gives me the same error...

Tags
awesome, harmattan, meego, repository, service