Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ

Posts: 3,159 | Thanked: 2,023 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Finland
is that MAA (Multitask After Apple)?

bit like BC
If the link doesn't help, just use
Google Custom Search

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
well. the world is about apple.

i feel like we are part of an underground division in phones. its kinda cool. we are unique and rare.

At least when people see me with my n900 they have no idea what it is and I always get ‘WWWWWWWOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW’

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
well. the world is about apple.

i feel like we are part of an underground division in phones. its kinda cool. we are unique and rare.

At least when people see me with my n900 they have no idea what it is and I always get ‘WWWWWWWOOWWWWWWWWWWWWW’
i agree with ya. i am kinda happy that i dont have a faddish phone that every one else has. i liek the fact that not just anyone can pick up my phone and use it or rummage through it. it makes me unique. a individual. who wants to wear the same shirt every one else has on at work? i say... NEVER CONFORM!!! BoOoOoo to the followers!!

Posts: 218 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Germany , Thüringen
yes we are so underground that it looks like also nokia dont know about us.. A before hyped Device like the N900 will be forget after there is no more Innovation if we look what we have at the Market today with Android 2.1 (updateable to nearly any Android Device) , the comming Apple OS or Winmo7 i can understand why nobody is talking anymore about the N900 look at engadet or gizmodo for the last N900 threads..

Sure that we can proud of the "real" multitasking but who else cares about out there in the fast lane media world?

i also just read that there is a new big run at android for media devices like TV's and so one..

http://www.engadget.com/2010/04/29/g...unveiled-next/

For me it seems like the all over Meego comes also too late for this..

What i dont get is that Maemo 5 is Open Source and the Devs of this are also in our Community here why they dont speak clear words about Update delays and so one... Any asking about PR 1.2 will be ignored no official statements just fun threads ..

Last edited by crown77; 2010-04-30 at 07:20.

Notice Intel is in the Android TV camp too. Looks like they're hedging their bets, or maybe they want a piece of both pies.

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Maemo is not interesting for an article about multitasking. They could only write - multitasks as you would expect it on the desktop, no compromises. But how they manage to miss Symbian as a ’major smartphone OS’ amazes me even more. Hey, is that another Nokia platform ? Do I see a pattern there ?

Posts: 741 | Thanked: 900 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Auckland NZ
Originally Posted by harp View Post
Notice Intel is in the Android TV camp too. Looks like they're hedging their bets, or maybe they want a piece of both pies.
It's a bit off topic but this is the off topic section Intel is playing for all teams anyway. Mac, Windows and Linux run on their processors.

Posts: 289 | Thanked: 560 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Tampere, Finland
http://gizmodo.com/5173865/giz-expla...orms-different

That's another from Gizmodo. They made a smartphone OS feature comparison and left Symbian out. When someone obviously commented on that the author said something along the lines of "err, it's like a smartphone OS lite" and later added that the note saying Symbian has no presence in the US so it's OK to leave it out. What's ironic again is that Palm Pre with WebOS wasn't even released at that time but it didn't stop them from including it.

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
I just shows you how ignorant many IT journalists can be.

The term "multi-tasking" seems to be a loose definition.

The older Palm devices could only do one thing at a time but gave the appearance of multi-tasking..

Pretty much what android does anyway. Probably iPhone too.

The author is an idiot.

To quote his reply in the Comments section:
Which is another reason I didn't cover Windows Mobile, BlackBerry and Symbian--their models are relatively simple, as I say at the end.
I find that comment amusing because "multi-tasking" by iPhone & Android is really "task-switching".

Not that I take Gizmodo or similar sites seriously anyway. The "Journalists" who write this stuff rarely have any reasonable technical background anyway.

Last edited by johnel; 2010-04-30 at 08:26.