"Nokia N8 Disappointing: First Reviews

It was supposed to be Nokia's next big thing after the N97 and the N900. It could have had all the features going for it that would have made it the most desirable handset money could buy - but, Nokia has given it away and what could have been a great opportunity to reclaim the "best smartphone crown", now lies in tatters. Well, we're not saying it! In fact, the phone which we are on about hasn't even been officially announced by Nokia. We're talking about the Nokia N8, the much awaited flagship device from Nokia - the existence of which is known to all - with everyone else except Nokia acknowledging its existence."

http://www.techtree.com/India/News/N...10807-893.html

Now those fanboys will cry "It's because Symbian is in its first v3 builds", "Their updates will fix it", "This isn't the N900/Maemo so why are you talking about it here", "The N900 is a developper phone", "This review site is so biased"

I'm just trying to prove that Nokia has lost it and their new "flagship" phone failure is more than enough proof to make my point.

To Nokia: Part of the reason why you were #1 in smartphones was because we thought that you were ahead of the competition in every aspect (around the N95 period). Now you're behind in just about everything. Release the Maemo update in a timely order and gain support or you will eventually lose your normal customer base to companies who put customer service ahead of convincing clients to buy into their "long term plans".

The only ones who will be loyal are your ignorant fanboys who are sefish enough to tell your general client base to go elsewhere if they're not happy, which is very counter-productive to Nokia's success. (Fanboys don't make more than 5% of Nokias sales).

I still support Nokia but if it goes on like this I'll switch to android and drop the cool FM transmitter feature that makes my phone so different than others. At least I know that with Android I will have 100x more apps and support with a bigger developper base while still being open source and free in most cases. I'll kindly ask those who tell me to sell the phone to please **** off and to post elswhere if that's what they think is the solution to the problem. "I'm happy with the N900" Isn't a real long term solution to the core of the problem so if you feel like posting about how much you like your phone, I suggest you do it by adding another app to the miserable 400 app library and prove me wrong.

/rant

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to h3llraz0r For This Useful Post:
Oh hey, look, old news. Nokia themselves criticized Eldar for getting his hands on a prototype running what they claim to be an unfinished build. Not that I'm interested in Symbian based devices, but I'll wait until someone gets a release device to consider their review.

Of course, you aren't proving anything, you're just trolling these forums.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to wmarone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by h3llraz0r View Post
I still support Nokia but if it goes on like this I'll switch to android and drop the cool FM transmitter feature that makes my phone so different than others. At least I know that with Android I will have 100x more apps and support with a bigger developper base while still being open source and free in most cases. I'll kindly ask those who tell me to sell the phone to please **** off and to post elswhere if that's what they think is the solution to the problem. "I'm happy with the N900" Isn't a real long term solution to the core of the problem so if you feel like posting about how much you like your phone, I suggest you do it by adding another app to the miserable 400 app library and prove me wrong.

/rant
QT Compatibility

If it works out the way I think it will then Android will have itself a competitor in number of apps.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Eldar hasn't really been into Nokia lately, he's been ranting (might not be the best word) about Nokia ever since he got the N97/N900.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
To Nokia: Part of the reason why you were #1 in smartphones was because we thought that you were ahead of the competition in every aspect (around the N95 period). Now you're behind in just about everything.
Are you serious? I mean, the N8, even not being their flagship or a high-end phone (that's the place of future MeeGo devices) has got the best mobile camera, HDMI, Dolby Surround, worldwide 3G frequencies, USB OTG (you can plug in your USB stick on it like a computer); among other stablished Symbian features... and you have the nerve to say this?

Sometimes I just wish Nokia would not update their UI ever, if something, just to piss off this new breed of eye-candy nazis.

Vínculos interesantes si nos visitas por primera vez (en inglés): New members say hello , New users start here, Community subforum, Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Si te puedo ayudar con cualquier otra cosa, sólo dilo!

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mrojas For This Useful Post:
Posts: 108 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Chicago
Well.... I just got rid of my N900 and I am not happy about it. I can sympathize with you in respect to the pr1.2 update and the N8 and its lack of perceived awesomeness. I would say that their build quality is seemingly better than others but they seem to neglect one aspect or another such as the updates for the N95 8Gb that took forever to reach stateside or the updates for the UK users and their N900's. They admitted to messing up the the N97 and the N900. I don't even have to mention the N96 that you can't find anywhere- it seems like Nokia's bastard child. But it is a company and hopefully they can learn from these mistakes and do something about the new releases.

I don't think that phone will have anything major done to it (N8) before it releases. It seems as if Nokia is getting defensive over this phone being leaked. They will again suffer some embarrasment for it but they will forge ahead and *leak* something that is supposed to come out but doesn't deliver. (Doesn't that sound like the Chicago Cubs?)When the N97 was being talked about it was going to be the new superphone....then it sold/sells really well despite the software issues. The N900 was(to me at least) supposed to be the end all to be all and it is actually a really nice phone-one that I regret trading- with some software issues. It can be improved upon just like the N97 and it will be.

You just have to be patient. Wait till next Monday and see how you feel about it. Maybe the update will be out then but maybe not. You will regret selling this phone....or not. But I do agree that they maybe have lost some direction. But the only way they will know it is through the pocketbook. No other way. The N97 was horrible upon release but still sold really well. Same for the N900. If these phones keep selling well then we as consumers are not telling the company what we feel. E.g.."(Nokia) This phone is awesome. (Consumer) I hate this phone."

Just my two cents...

Typed from N900. Honk Kong Sized Edition
(Disguised as VAIO laptop)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gom4381 For This Useful Post:
stupid thread?
o hai, nice to meet you.

way post a review that is a copy-paste of a preview of a prototype device

*facepalm*

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nosa101 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 307 | Thanked: 157 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Illinois, USA
A few days ago I might have thought like you. This has dramatically changed my perception of all things Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to mmurfin87 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,338 | Thanked: 1,055 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California, USA / Jordan
Please, don't buy a Nokia anymore.. it won't satisfy you.. Go with android or somewhere else, in the meantime we will enjoy Nokia products.. kthnxbye..

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to bandora For This Useful Post:
"This isn't the N900/Maemo so why are you talking about it here"
Exactly, why?

I'm just trying to prove that Nokia has lost it
Again, why, and what makes you think anyone here cares?

Kindly go away.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:

Tags
bad mojo, h3ll100ser, ignorant thread, raised nothing, sigh, worst thread