Active Topics

Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Anyone have any more info on this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyxtQcHfTrA

Looks impressive

The Following User Says Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
that looks stunning!

Looks very impressive, and seems to run well too.
You seen the 3D baseball game too? that one looks quite nice.
Its nice to know theirs some decent applications being made for the N900. The baseball game is being made by "India games" which in my opinion is proof that the Maemo platform hasn't been ignored by developers out there.

Originally Posted by DarkPand0r View Post
Looks very impressive, and seems to run well too.
You seen the 3D baseball game too? that one looks quite nice.
Its nice to know theirs some decent applications being made for the N900. The baseball game is being made by "India games" which in my opinion is proof that the Maemo platform hasn't been ignored by developers out there.
Yep, seen the baseball one, looks pretty good. Have to say, i'm not so sure about all the gloom and doom you get from some people here....i truly believe that developers actually enjoy developing otherwise they wouldn't do it, and who wouldn't want to have a go at developing apps for this platform?...anyway, time will tell.

Posts: 113 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Australia
Is this like a google maps type app? Handy for people in paris I spose. The render speed is impressive!

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
I'd *love* something like that for some monumental cities around the world! It's like a journey with fantasy

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego
I wonder what translate button does in that app...

Posts: 516 | Thanked: 643 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Denmark/Poland
@hcancelik, it translates all the signs around you to English (provided you're in Paris)
Just kidding, it is used to move the map (vs. rotate).

Useful links for newcomers:
Użyteczne linki:
Nowi użyktownicy mówią cześć | New members say hello , Tu zaczynają nowi użytkownicy | New users start here, Podforum społeczności | Community subforum, Wiki dla początkujących | Beginners' wiki page, Maemo5 101, Często zadawane pytania | Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ), Google

Jeżeli mogę w czymś pomóc, pytaj!
If I can help with anything else, just ask!

Bored? Follow me

Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
Yep, seen the baseball one, looks pretty good. Have to say, i'm not so sure about all the gloom and doom you get from some people here....i truly believe that developers actually enjoy developing otherwise they wouldn't do it, and who wouldn't want to have a go at developing apps for this platform?...anyway, time will tell.
I completely agree. Its absolutely amazing that people have instantly come out saying "Nokia have ditched us" and "what if developers don't like the platform and don't make applications!". If thats your attitude then you shouldn't have an N900 and should have waited for the N910, although then you'd be waiting for the next one....vicious cycle.

Anyway, I foresee Nokia taking a back seat with Maemo and just releasing Applications as and when they are needed. Its amazing that Apple can do the same thing (remember the MMS troubles???) and yet people praise them.........

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPand0r For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by DarkPand0r View Post
I completely agree. Its absolutely amazing that people have instantly come out saying "Nokia have ditched us" and "what if developers don't like the platform and don't make applications!". If thats your attitude then you shouldn't have an N900 and should have waited for the N910, although then you'd be waiting for the next one....vicious cycle.

Anyway, I foresee Nokia taking a back seat with Maemo and just releasing Applications as and when they are needed. Its amazing that Apple can do the same thing (remember the MMS troubles???) and yet people praise them.........
yep absolutely right, but i think Nokia may surprise us, although i think this phone is brilliant as it is now (after the firmware update) and if we didn't hear from Nokia again i'd still be delighted with it..

......you'd be waiting for the next one....vicious cycle.
i had one of those when i was at school, kept throwing me in the bushes!! ;-) (sorry couldn't resist)