Active Topics

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I keep thinking of a brief interchange in "The Wire".
One character: "The writing's on the wall."
Other: "FK the wall."

By Nokia! I have been suporting Nokia for many years. I can only say that I will not buy never more a Nokia phone. Before that Microsoft, google.

Nokis is dead.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
It seems Symbian is to be phased out, Meego will remain as 'experimental platform for future platforms' (source: All About Symbian livestream)

I know it is wishful thinking, but I could well imagine that WP will not do as well as they hope, in which case Meego could be pushed to the front again.

bye bye Nokia! Palm (HP, webOs), I'm coming back !

P.S. if my N900 will die

Last edited by FormerPalmUser; 2011-02-11 at 11:26.

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Some amazing comments coming out here and hardly a word of inspiration for the future of Nokia.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
Some amazing comments coming out here and hardly a word of inspiration for the future of Nokia.
future? that's optimistic!

Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
I can absolutely guarentee that Nokia will bounce back in one form or another but i am absolutely stunned at the hate being thrown at Nokia now..... oooer talk about put another hole in a sinking ship !.

It certainly is the fault of Nokia treating us N900 owners the way they have and all the empty promises but i still say they will bounce back into glory and you lot will eat your words haha.

Posts: 92 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Toronto, Canada
I can absolutely guarentee that Nokia will bounce back in one form or another but i am absolutely stunned at the hate being thrown at Nokia now..... oooer talk about put another hole in a sinking ship !.

It certainly is the fault of Nokia treating us N900 owners the way they have and all the empty promises but i still say they will bounce back into glory and you lot will eat your words haha.
Nokia will turn into a windows phone 7 brand, and they will not die. They may even do reasonably well, as a windows phone 7 maker, but they will NEVER do as well as they could have done on their own.

Mind you, they could have also completely failed with meego and pretty much died, so this will make sure they survive, but they will never be the "big boy" on the market again.

It's like you've been putting in multiple shifts putting out fires (here) on Nokia's "burning platform", with the vast majority of even the most recent (and least hurt) Maemo adopters disgusted by MS-Elop's handiwork.

As someone who incessantly extols the pleasures of "partnering" with MS (yeah, studying contemporary history is overrated... )

Could you kindly elaborate on your absolute guarantee that Nokia will bounce back!!?? Like, in what kind of disguise might that be??

Because while I can certainly see Nokia ending up with a very different form after MS-Elop's play has played itself out, I can't even at my most charitable see it as "bouncing back"!

If Nokia N9 gets released with WP7 can we not install meamo on it? I'd rather stick with an open platform!

The Following User Says Thank You to dtakias For This Useful Post:

Tags
elop ur a pain, meego sucks