Well, take a look at, for example, the "user" reviews at amazon. Most of them are written (and pushed) by ppl working for either the company manufactoring that product or their competition.
And why not? It's a great way to advertise.
But given that, you have to ask yourself how many of these posts are made by actual "disgruntled customers" and how many of them are written by some fat dude sitting in a dark basement beeing paid by Apple

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 179 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Gold Coast, Australia
Its because nokia promoted the n900 so good online to get everyone to test it for them now they left us hanging. i dont care i still love the phone it does what i want

Many disapointed when it was told that Meego won't be officially supported in N900. Same time, many are afraid, there won't be any upgrades to Maemo5 after PR1.2, because it seems kind of useless and unbelievable Nokia would throw resources to. Yet there are still many bugs remaining in N900 and much wished features missing from N900.

Bleeding edge people will buy Meego device as soon as it is available, and after that Meego support for N900 is unlikely to improve.

I do not know if this is a good policy for Nokia to handle public relations and fanbase. Seems so at least, that not. One lesson to be learned from Apple's success is that it treats its true fans pretty good.

@zimon... Nokia has always been acting this way... and they still are a success and profitable company... Actually this is mostly because of their excellent marketing team... And I am sure they know it

Posts: 179 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Yorkshire, UK
As I have said elsewhere, this is the only real output for people that hate nokia for the N900. If they can't come on here and vent their anger and frustration for lets be honest, somethign that has taken 2 firmware updates and seven months and still haven't got so much of the basics right. (Ovi store, ovi maps, Ovi suite, MMS, blah blah...)

What will people do if you censor this? Nokia aren't listening, their forums are not really alight with praise or anything on the N900 as they don't support it because it was a trial for them. Having brainstorm is all well and good but if you can't vocalise your hatred of X or Y, then how will someone know to work in that area.

I am all for supporting developers and being nice, but most posts target Nokia, a different subject from the developers of the community who do work to get the N900 to a basic level and on a par with the likes of Apple and Google. However as most developers are part timers, with a real job as well. It isn't fast progress, it isn't forward progress for those that are stuck with this thing day in and day out.

To me most posts slag off nokia, not developers.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to twigleaf1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,210 | Thanked: 597 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ hamburg,germany
hahaha nokia is evil and will kill us all????hahah good idea buddy.

Nobody likes us but we dont care....

I agree with you. This forum is almost undeadable right now.

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
i really hope someone finds a solution to this quickly

Posts: 25 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Moscow, Russia
All moaning threads should be closed or megred into one. New threads must be closed and users warned.

The Following User Says Thank You to lunatik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Actually, I agree with this:

All of the whining and hate threads should be merged into one, and all of the hate posts in other threads should be marked as off-topic and deleted.
Open a "Let's hate the N900 together" thread and merge all the wining into that one.

The other possible solution would be a more strict one:
After all, this is a Nokia forum, so no hate speech about Nokia or its devices is allowed.
Go and bugger off to Apple's or Google's forums (or whatever) and complain there about Nokia.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:

Tags
because trolls, can't be alone, football, hooligans, reality